| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Fog Lights http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35510 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Fulltimer [ Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:03 am ] |
| Post subject: | Fog Lights |
I have the factory fog lights and they are 55 watts each. My new bumper will have 2 55 watt lights also. The fuse for the factory lights is 20 amps. Mathematically the 20 amps would be able to handle all 4 lights. That comes out to 220 watts which is 18.33333 amps at 12 volts. Would I be pushing it to run all four lights on that one fuse? Terry |
|
| Author: | riptricket [ Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
i would like to know the same thing since i want the rockstar bumper too! |
|
| Author: | DryBones [ Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
What Rockstar bumper? |
|
| Author: | Fulltimer [ Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:24 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Like I said the 20amp fuse is enough, but........there isn't much play room. I don't know if lights create a surge when they first come on like a motor would. Not sure if surge is the correct word or not. A spike in amp draw is what I'm referring to. Terry |
|
| Author: | riptricket [ Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
http://www.youngs.org/scoffroad/rockstar05-07.htm this one! |
|
| Author: | DryBones [ Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:58 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I know all about that bumper. Still waiting to see if anybody actually takes delivery. I really want to see it on Terry's Dark Khaki sdo I know what it will look like on mine! Self Edit: I knew there were pics on the website so I went and got one! My wife even likes this over the ARB so if they ever get rolling them out I know what's going to be on my Christmas list!
|
|
| Author: | JL Rockies [ Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:03 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Fulltimer, your bumper is on it's way? |
|
| Author: | Fulltimer [ Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Jason said they are done and he is taking them to be painted, then ship them. He said I should have mine by the 2 week of September. Terry |
|
| Author: | L.O. [ Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:32 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Great looking bumper! You might want to think about running those extra lights on their own circuit....granted the one 20 amp fuse would work but it would be close. |
|
| Author: | MtnRunner [ Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:55 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
i dont really like the stinger, but the bumper itself is gangster. about the same price as an ARB... hard to say which one i like better. |
|
| Author: | michael_dba [ Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Your 20amp fuse should be ok....most auto electrical systmes (alternator running) operate at around 13-14volts anyways. (you can check this with a digital voltmeter placed at the alternator positive output stud) The other consideration is the wiring and all the connections in the circuit..specifically the length and the gauge of wire...it all adds resistance which equals more watts drawn. There are 12volt breakers available that will reset...but if they're overloaded they just become flashers ~M |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|