LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Link to RL instructions Needed
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35512
Page 1 of 1

Author:  WoodysKJ [ Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:16 am ]
Post subject:  Link to RL instructions Needed

Anybody have the Link Marty has on his website for his skinks install instructions?

Author:  Rock Lizard [ Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:28 pm ]
Post subject: 

http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/i ... s_05kj.htm
http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/instructions.htm

Author:  WoodysKJ [ Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

Thanks Marty.

Just got the Skinks painted with 2 coats of POR-15. 2 coats of HARDNOSED POR-15 next then they get mounted. Those plastic quarter moldings look like they have to get lost. Thats why I need the instructions again.

These things will go on with the plastic still there?

Author:  LostEddie [ Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:06 pm ]
Post subject: 

The plastic stays and looks good. Pictures included in install thread below.

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... ht=#277248

Author:  dieselenthusiast [ Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:12 pm ]
Post subject: 

WoodysKJ wrote:
Thanks Marty.

Just got the Skinks painted with 2 coats of POR-15. 2 coats of HARDNOSED POR-15 next then they get mounted. Those plastic quarter moldings look like they have to get lost. Thats why I need the instructions again.

These things will go on with the plastic still there?


Did you brush the PRO-15 on or spray it on?

Author:  WoodysKJ [ Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:25 am ]
Post subject: 

dieselenthusiast wrote:
WoodysKJ wrote:
Thanks Marty.

Just got the Skinks painted with 2 coats of POR-15. 2 coats of HARDNOSED POR-15 next then they get mounted. Those plastic quarter moldings look like they have to get lost. Thats why I need the instructions again.

These things will go on with the plastic still there?


Did you brush the PRO-15 on or spray it on?


After all the degreasing and metal prep (had good warm temps and high humidity which, believe it or not actually makes it dry FASTER) I brushed on two coats. Looks great as is, but the POR-15 IS UV susceptible and is not chip resistant. The Hard-Nosed paint is near BULLET proof. I put some on a fairlead as a test and I can't even chip it with a BFH.

Hard-Nosed goes today. Humidity will help it cure too. Only draw back to the Hard Nosed is that it can take a while to fully cure. Upto 2 weeks in cool dry weather. Don't have that now.

Author:  WoodysKJ [ Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:25 am ]
Post subject: 

dieselenthusiast wrote:
WoodysKJ wrote:
Thanks Marty.

Just got the Skinks painted with 2 coats of POR-15. 2 coats of HARDNOSED POR-15 next then they get mounted. Those plastic quarter moldings look like they have to get lost. Thats why I need the instructions again.

These things will go on with the plastic still there?


Did you brush the PRO-15 on or spray it on?


After all the degreasing and metal prep (had good warm temps and high humidity which, believe it or not actually makes it dry FASTER) I brushed on two coats. Looks great as is, but the POR-15 IS UV susceptible and is not chip resistant. The Hard-Nosed paint is near BULLET proof. I put some on a fairlead as a test and I can't even chip it with a BFH.

Hard-Nosed goes today. Humidity will help it cure too. Only draw back to the Hard Nosed is that it can take a while to fully cure. Upto 2 weeks in cool dry weather. Don't have that now.

Author:  MtnRunner [ Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:01 pm ]
Post subject: 

i will own a set of super-skinks and a komodo bumper. oh yes, they will be mine...

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/