| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Need a pic of installed Mopar Rock Rail 05+-Updated..HELP! http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35538 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | DryBones [ Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:55 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Need a pic of installed Mopar Rock Rail 05+-Updated..HELP! |
Just installed my driver side and not sure it looks right. Doublechecked all the instructions and I just don't know. I would appreciate a pic from the side of one installed and any under body shots you might have. Thanks in advance. Here are my pics. The passenger side looks fine but on the driver side front there is too much space between the rail and the plastic trim piece and I have tweaked it up as higha nd hard as I could. I am thinking the bracket that the rail mounts to is bent where it attaches to the body, I guess I will have to take it off and try and bend the angle a bit tighter at that point. Going to need a Bench vise and a BFH! One more thing.... What is that bracket in the middle for? It doesn't line up with anything under my KJ. Could it be for the newer 06-07 models?
|
|
| Author: | DryBones [ Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:17 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
OK, I couldn't stand leaving it as it was. There are 2 sets of mounting holes on the brackets. 1 for upand in towards the underside and 1 down and out from the vehicle. I moved them down and out and the passenger side fit perfect with a lot of play to set the space however you like but the driver side didn't have much play at all. I ended up putting them where I liked it and then I had to slide my floor jack under the front of the driver side skid and lift/pry it up to make it even with the back. Tightened everything up and it looks much better. I still don't understand if I have a bent bracket or mis-aligned holes or even a bent rail but it's on now. I also don't understand why they are shorter than the ones for the 02-04 models unless they are leaving room for mudflaps. BTW, mine bolted up using M bolts and I had to drill some holes. The other model uses nutzerts in pre-existing holes. I did use one set of those holes for 1 of the M bolts but needed to drill for the M bolts that went up into the body. NOw I have to decide if I really want to paint these yellow or leave them as is until I buy something better!
|
|
| Author: | Sir Sam [ Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
yellow center caps? |
|
| Author: | DryBones [ Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:28 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
| Author: | KeswickDave [ Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
That looks like way to much space in the front... are you sure you got rails for an '05? I got mine used, but the original owner said they'd fit an '05, I had the dealer install them. Bracketry looks somewhat different too, but I don't really remember that well now - I can take a few undershots if you like. Dave EDIT - after comparing them again those are definitely not the same rails as I have - mine are "beveled" at the ends and have a spine for lack of a better word, on top which runs beside the pinch weld if my memory serves - I can take a better look / pictures tonight.
|
|
| Author: | jerbacher [ Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:46 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
yeah, those rails look way too short to even be for the kj! did you get them from the dealer? maybe for a patriot or something? i dunno |
|
| Author: | Inc [ Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:28 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Those are completely different from my old Mopar rock rails off my 2005. Shorter and mine mounted with completely different arms. |
|
| Author: | jeepmedic46 [ Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:38 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
They do look short. |
|
| Author: | DryBones [ Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Got them from Jparts.com. Part# on box and in the manual say they are for the 2005 Liberty. I can post links to manuals and parts list tonight when I get home. All those others look like the rails that list as 2002-2004. Kind of the look I wanted though |
|
| Author: | Inc [ Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Here are my old Mopar rails painted black on my 2005 KJ. |
|
| Author: | KeswickDave [ Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:28 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Those seem to fit between the wheel wells even tighter than mine! |
|
| Author: | jerbacher [ Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
mine are the same length as incubusmike's. bought these used, i think for an 04, fit fine on my 02. this is the length that i've seen on every single kj mopar rock rail ever.
|
|
| Author: | Inc [ Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Yeah, every single set of Mopar rails I've seen have been like mine and jerbacher's. You got something else going on there DryBones. They def. don't look like KJ rails. Maybe they are these: http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-grand ... -rails.htm or these: http://www.autotrucktoys.com/jeep_comma ... C3366.aspx |
|
| Author: | jerbacher [ Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:27 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
i just checked out jparts.com and I only see one listings for rock rails in the liberty section 2002-2006. PN L82208760 |
|
| Author: | DryBones [ Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:27 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
jerbacher wrote: i just checked out jparts.com and I only see one listings for rock rails in the liberty section 2002-2006. PN L82208760
I just checked it also and I see they don't list the ones they sold me. Google up Part# L82206106, listed as 2002-2007 black rock rails. The L82208760 shows as 2002-2007 rock rails in silver. Here are the PDF install directions for each. K6858563 is what I got from JParts.com with the L82206106 http://www.mopar-accessories.com/en-US/ ... 8&pc=15996 K6859237 is the PDF install directions for the L82208760 http://site.justforjeeps.com/guide/82208760.pdf I stopped at a dealer today and looked at a 2006 Renegade that had the L82208760 rails on it. I am beginning to think mine might be an older version or maybe something else entirely. Weird that all part numbers and instructions match on mine so they definitely were built for a Liberty at some point. |
|
| Author: | rangerd77 [ Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
how much are they? |
|
| Author: | jsc7002 [ Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
rangerd77 wrote: how much are they?
enough that you might as well as spend the little extra to get some that will take way more abuse like boulder bars |
|
| Author: | DryBones [ Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
now boys...let's not get off topic here. I am looking for answers to this puzzle. Mine may be shorter but they also are thicker and almost oval shaped compared to the other type. I would think something got swapped in the boxes but the instructions match the Liberty perfectly. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|