LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

High Performance Cat
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35810
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Fulltimer [ Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:50 pm ]
Post subject:  High Performance Cat

I got a catalog today from Quadratec for the Cherokee. They have a high catalytic converter for the Cherokee. It's made of stainless steel and is from $239.00 to $269.00. Anyone ever try one of these on anything? Just wondering if it would help any.

Terry

Author:  tommudd [ Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:06 pm ]
Post subject: 

IF you needed one it maybe OK but why replace it if not needed? Plus the fact that you can not replace it unless they are damaged or destroyed in some way before a certain mileage. then you need two and so on
With the 3.7 there is not a whole lot of improvement to be made from replacing them unless you are going with headers, new cats, cams etc

Author:  DryBones [ Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:25 pm ]
Post subject: 

1st you need this:

http://www.car-sound.com/02product/displaydirectfit01.asp?catalogid=15716&directfit=23957

than you need this!

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=all&id=3859

all for under 2 grand! you can't beat that price! :lol: 8)

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:23 pm ]
Post subject: 

I got a highflow,ultra compact Cat from Summit,CatCo makes it and it is rated for up to a 468 cubic inch V-8 and 750HP and cost only $65.The darn thing is like only 5" wide,4" tall,and 12" long.

Author:  Guest [ Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

HOLY CRAP, $1400 for the cats and pipe?

F that! when mine are gone, I'll test-pipe that sucker.

Author:  Fulltimer [ Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:55 pm ]
Post subject: 

You need 50K miles so I pass that requirement. I was just wondering because it seems that eventually I'll bust a hole in it on a trail.

Terry

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:00 pm ]
Post subject: 

Fulltimer wrote:
You need 50K miles so I pass that requirement. I was just wondering because it seems that eventually I'll bust a hole in it on a trail.

Terry
Nope,8 years or 80,000miles for KJ's,per federal law.The only way that a non-dealer can replace the Cat's is if they are damaged.

Author:  Mr Nick [ Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:37 pm ]
Post subject: 

tjkj2002 wrote:
Fulltimer wrote:
You need 50K miles so I pass that requirement. I was just wondering because it seems that eventually I'll bust a hole in it on a trail.

Terry
Nope,8 years or 80,000miles for KJ's,per federal law.The only way that a non-dealer can replace the Cat's is if they are damaged.


Or if somebody crawls under your Jeep and steals them. Very popular recently, unfortunately. Cats from BMW & Mercedes get $300 each at recycle yards. Jeeps are easy targets because of the easy access. Careful if you park your Jeep at a train station...

Author:  Fulltimer [ Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:25 pm ]
Post subject: 

tjkj2002 wrote:
Fulltimer wrote:
You need 50K miles so I pass that requirement. I was just wondering because it seems that eventually I'll bust a hole in it on a trail.

Terry
Nope,8 years or 80,000miles for KJ's,per federal law.The only way that a non-dealer can replace the Cat's is if they are damaged.


Hmmm, the web site has 50K listed. Doesn't matter. If I wanted a new one it WOULD be accidently on purpose damaged on the trail. :lol:

Terry

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

Fulltimer wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
Fulltimer wrote:
You need 50K miles so I pass that requirement. I was just wondering because it seems that eventually I'll bust a hole in it on a trail.

Terry
Nope,8 years or 80,000miles for KJ's,per federal law.The only way that a non-dealer can replace the Cat's is if they are damaged.


Hmmm, the web site has 50K listed. Doesn't matter. If I wanted a new one it WOULD be accidently on purpose damaged on the trail. :lol:

Terry
Yep it's listed in your owners manual and the warrenty manual as well,8 years or 80,000miles.Just to let you know that most exhaust places probally will not mess with it and referr you to the dealership because of the warrenty,I know 90% of the places here will do that and also back home in SD is the same way.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/