| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Anyone put a spare tire on the hood? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36196 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | MadRiver [ Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:42 am ] |
| Post subject: | Anyone put a spare tire on the hood? |
Just out of curiousity, anyone mount a spare tire on the hood, like they used to do with old Land Rovers? Not aerodynamic, and certainly cuts down on visibility, but still wicked cool. |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:52 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
You are correct in cutting down on visibilty or just say no visibility at all except for around it, Land Rovers hood / windshield is set up a whole lot different than a KJs cool ....yes sitting in the yard maybe |
|
| Author: | WoodysKJ [ Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Tom, now come on you know he was talking about the doghnut spares, and not a full size spare... |
|
| Author: | RAYMAN975 [ Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
it would look goofy as hell. looks good on those old land rovers, being as they were designed that way. if we did it, it would look like..... "look at that idiot with the tire on his hood" |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
WoodysKJ wrote: Tom,
now come on you know he was talking about the doghnut spares, and not a full size spare... Well heck then that makes all the difference, I am going out tomorrow to get one! |
|
| Author: | Powdrdaze [ Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:49 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
What about on the front, Like an old VW bus? I can see an arb front mount in the works already. Patent Pending... |
|
| Author: | jeepskate [ Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:02 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Powdrdaze wrote: What about on the front, Like an old VW bus? I can see an arb front mount in the works already. Patent Pending...
Hah! Be sure to include the front-to-rear engine relocation kit. |
|
| Author: | Powdrdaze [ Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:22 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
AHEM! ("patent pending") |
|
| Author: | Dutchy [ Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:16 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Anyone put a spare tire on the hood? |
MadRiver wrote: Just out of curiousity, anyone mount a spare tire on the hood, like they used to do with old Land Rovers? Not aerodynamic, and certainly cuts down on visibility, but still wicked cool.
I used to drive a landy with the spare on the hood and it is cool but even on the landy it's taking away visiblility. You will need a specially constructed hood though and the hood will be hard to lift due to the weight. I think it will look good on a KJ but milleage will suffer and you will get remarks from people who think they are smart. |
|
| Author: | WoodysKJ [ Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:10 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I bet the Lany used a prop rod for the hood. Also I bet it was made from some heavy gauge steel, not the foil we have. Just stick to the roof or tailgate, or better yet get a KK where it is stowed UNDER the rear. That makes MORE sense. NOT!!!!!! |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:12 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
WoodysKJ wrote: I bet the Lany used a prop rod for the hood.
Also I bet it was made from some heavy gauge steel, not the foil we have. Just stick to the roof or tailgate, or better yet get a KK where it is stowed UNDER the rear. That makes MORE sense. NOT!!!!!! |
|
| Author: | KJ Taz [ Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:15 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
tommudd wrote: WoodysKJ wrote: I bet the Lany used a prop rod for the hood. Also I bet it was made from some heavy gauge steel, not the foil we have. Just stick to the roof or tailgate, or better yet get a KK where it is stowed UNDER the rear. That makes MORE sense. NOT!!!!!! Hey wait.................now all the KK owners are going to chime in...................I can't believe you went there again.......... |
|
| Author: | Sir Sam [ Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
WoodysKJ wrote: I bet the Lany used a prop rod for the hood.
Also I bet it was made from some heavy gauge steel, not the foil we have. Just stick to the roof or tailgate, or better yet get a KK where it is stowed UNDER the rear. That makes MORE sense. NOT!!!!!! I think it makes alot more sense. |
|
| Author: | tjkj2002 [ Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Sir Sam wrote: WoodysKJ wrote: I bet the Lany used a prop rod for the hood. Also I bet it was made from some heavy gauge steel, not the foil we have. Just stick to the roof or tailgate, or better yet get a KK where it is stowed UNDER the rear. That makes MORE sense. NOT!!!!!! I think it makes alot more sense. |
|
| Author: | WoodysKJ [ Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
tjkj2002 wrote: Sir Sam wrote: WoodysKJ wrote: I bet the Lany used a prop rod for the hood. Also I bet it was made from some heavy gauge steel, not the foil we have. Just stick to the roof or tailgate, or better yet get a KK where it is stowed UNDER the rear. That makes MORE sense. NOT!!!!!! I think it makes alot more sense. Just call it a rubber wrapped skid plate. makes no sense to me at all. |
|
| Author: | WoodysKJ [ Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
tjkj2002 wrote: Sir Sam wrote: WoodysKJ wrote: I bet the Lany used a prop rod for the hood. Also I bet it was made from some heavy gauge steel, not the foil we have. Just stick to the roof or tailgate, or better yet get a KK where it is stowed UNDER the rear. That makes MORE sense. NOT!!!!!! I think it makes alot more sense. Just call it a rubber wrapped skid plate. makes no sense to me at all. |
|
| Author: | MNKK [ Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:24 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Really, How would it look if the spare was on the back? Everything is squared off on the KK, then you have this round wheel and tire? Nah, I'm good. <--- a joke. No, I am not seriously that anal. Tell you what they should do. Take the spares off the whole thing, and make the tires completely out of solid rubber. That would teach everyone! PS, no I don't like where my spare is, but with the wife driving now, in the event of a flat, she would not be able to get it off of the back of the Jeep. She is only like 5' 1" tall and 90 something Lbs... That puts the door handles almost eye level. So relocating it is not a good idea. |
|
| Author: | LIV42DY [ Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:55 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Guys what next |
|
| Author: | Diggerfreek [ Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
KJ Taz wrote: tommudd wrote: WoodysKJ wrote: I bet the Lany used a prop rod for the hood. Also I bet it was made from some heavy gauge steel, not the foil we have. Just stick to the roof or tailgate, or better yet get a KK where it is stowed UNDER the rear. That makes MORE sense. NOT!!!!!! Hey wait.................now all the KK owners are going to chime in...................I can't believe you went there again.......... YOU RANG oh and just on a side note, as soon as i see marty again, the spare will be on the roof |
|
| Author: | MNKK [ Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
You know, I just thought of this, someone should start a thread for the spare under the KK. Then everyone can have a place to bi*&^ about it. |
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|