LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

fiberglass hoods
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36279
Page 1 of 2

Author:  tommudd [ Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:19 pm ]
Post subject:  fiberglass hoods

Every so often the subject of hoods comes up, has anyone ever checked out Campbell Enterprises, 480-782-5337, campbellent.com
They are suppose to have stock width hoods along with narrowed hoods and grills for rock buggys and even a fender set ? tried calling but only got a message

If anyone is near Gilbert Az. maybe you could check them out to see what their stuff looks like ?? just a thought to some different parts

Author:  tommudd [ Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:23 pm ]
Post subject: 

NEVER MIND as soon as I posted this I got a call back from them, they only do narrowed hoods/ grills now and their Liberty flares do not fit a Liberty :?
Check out their website though and go to the WHATS NEW section at the bottom of the page their is one sick looking buggy with a Liberty body kit on it,

I WANT ONE!!!!

maybe someone with better computer skills can post it up???

Author:  JJsTJ [ Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:27 pm ]
Post subject: 

BR Tech would make them in clear or colored lexan if there was enough interest........which is doubtful given the $325-$425 price.
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... hood+lexan

(of course this will just turn into another how to paint lexan argument now...) :roll:

Author:  tommudd [ Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:46 pm ]
Post subject: 

JJsKJ wrote:
BR Tech would make them in clear or colored lexan if there was enough interest........which is doubtful given the $325-$425 price.
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... hood+lexan

(of course this will just turn into another how to paint lexan argument now...) :roll:


Yes we all got a very good?? education on how to paint lexan on that one

never mind! :wink:

Author:  Blue KJ in PA [ Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

You just have to prep it right...with peanut butter!

Author:  Drassis [ Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

JJsKJ wrote:
BR Tech would make them in clear or colored lexan if there was enough interest........which is doubtful given the $325-$425 price.
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... hood+lexan

(of course this will just turn into another how to paint lexan argument now...) :roll:


I would buy one if they had vents or a scoop 425 isnt that bad a price

Author:  Dje Ryu [ Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:20 pm ]
Post subject: 

Drassis wrote:
JJsKJ wrote:
BR Tech would make them in clear or colored lexan if there was enough interest........which is doubtful given the $325-$425 price.
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... hood+lexan

(of course this will just turn into another how to paint lexan argument now...) :roll:


I would buy one if they had vents or a scoop 425 isnt that bad a price


Whoa! A Wyo company! Might be worth a drive down there if I can finagle a free scoop hood out of it.

Author:  mrkake [ Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:29 am ]
Post subject: 

My brother's buddy has a Liberty kit on his rock buggy. It looks alot like the one in the thread mentioned above. Unfortunately, he thinks its a joke. He thinks they are just grocery carts like so many others. :roll: :evil:

Author:  riptricket [ Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:54 am ]
Post subject: 

if it had a hood scoop i would also get it... maybe for not that price, i'd not spend over $300 and it would be cool in a carbon fiber silver to match my Wendy's color (That's the KJ BTW)!!

Author:  raceinfan [ Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:17 pm ]
Post subject: 

there is this one also

http://www.e-bodyparts.com/Car-Hoods/Pr ... H-98DT.htm

Author:  Fulltimer [ Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:18 pm ]
Post subject: 

raceinfan wrote:


It says they are for 1998 to 2007 Libirties. I want one of the 98's! :lol:

Terry

Author:  2006 KJ [ Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

those are real cool! i'd have to have one if i didnt already have the flat renny hood.

Author:  Dje Ryu [ Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:00 pm ]
Post subject: 

Has anyone noticed all the new stuff at Al's?: http://jeepinbyal.com/prod-Suncoast_Hoo ... s-594.aspx

Author:  jeremesh [ Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:33 pm ]
Post subject: 

Dje Ryu wrote:
Has anyone noticed all the new stuff at Al's?: http://jeepinbyal.com/prod-Suncoast_Hoo ... s-594.aspx


I dont like that hood too much. I was thinking of getting this type of scoop to put on the jeep... anybody else got this on their liberty yet?

Image

Author:  PCT 1981 [ Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:30 am ]
Post subject: 

Here is a fiberglass hood -
http://www.usbodysource.com/

Author:  raceinfan [ Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

PCT 1981 wrote:
Here is a fiberglass hood -
http://www.usbodysource.com/


thats the same one I posted :wink:

Author:  dieselenthusiast [ Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Good Thread Start

I might consider buying an aftermarket hood if I knew it would serve a performance purpose such as cooling the engine bay and acting as a ram air that I could duct into my factory air box.

Author:  Sport [ Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:31 pm ]
Post subject: 

it would definitely weigh less.

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:34 pm ]
Post subject: 

I'd like a compistite or fiberglass hood that has no ram air,hood scoops,or cowl induction,just want one that looks like the OEM hood for one simple reason.....................

No more stinkin hail dents :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Author:  Drassis [ Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Good Thread Start

dieselenthusiast wrote:
I might consider buying an aftermarket hood if I knew it would serve a performance purpose such as cooling the engine bay and acting as a ram air that I could duct into my factory air box.


Im under the same though process, and i bet it could be made to work for a cold air intake..


Of course you can always have a fiberglass scoop made than cut out your factory hood and do a bolt on might be alot cheaper, or if you want the lighter weight go with the new hood

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/