LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Computer Chips
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36356
Page 1 of 1

Author:  MKJeepers [ Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:13 am ]
Post subject:  Computer Chips

Does anyone have any experiance with aftermarket control module chips or programmers. I haven't had any convincing
proof that they are worth the money. I'm manly intrested in one for the 3.7. 3.8 V6 or 4.0 I6.
Hypertech was one I was considering.

Mods I've added that do work:

Cold air intake - noticeable increase
Magnaflo muff. - slight increase
Premium fuel - the most noticeable increase.

Author:  sleeve84028 [ Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:45 am ]
Post subject: 

Are you sure you notice an improvement with the premium fuel? [are you at elevation?]

The higher the octane, the harder it is to ignite.


I am not a fan of the Jet performance chips. They can reprogram the transmission to give you a perceived feeling of improvement. Some believe the Jet Stange 2 is OK for that, but the Jet stage 1 is a total waste.

If it were me, I'd find KY Liberty's posts on the B&G reflash of the computer. His posts should explain how to get in touch with B&G and what needs to be done to get some more power out of the engine.

Author:  2006 KJ [ Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

sleeve84028 wrote:
Are you sure you notice an improvement with the premium fuel? [are you at elevation?]

The higher the octane, the harder it is to ignite.


I am not a fan of the Jet performance chips. They can reprogram the transmission to give you a perceived feeling of improvement. Some believe the Jet Stange 2 is OK for that, but the Jet stage 1 is a total waste.

If it were me, I'd find KY Liberty's posts on the B&G reflash of the computer. His posts should explain how to get in touch with B&G and what needs to be done to get some more power out of the engine.


i've also been wondering about the B&G reflash..

Author:  MKJeepers [ Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

sleeve84028 wrote:
Are you sure you notice an improvement with the premium fuel? [are you at elevation?]

The higher the octane, the harder it is to ignite.


I am not a fan of the Jet performance chips. They can reprogram the transmission to give you a perceived feeling of improvement. Some believe the Jet Stange 2 is OK for that, but the Jet stage 1 is a total waste.

If it were me, I'd find KY Liberty's posts on the B&G reflash of the computer. His posts should explain how to get in touch with B&G and what needs to be done to get some more power out of the engine.


I live in the So. Calif. mts - I go from 5200 ft down to 900 ft then back again. It's a 12 mile grade each way. The 2007 JK 3.8, usually above 4000 ft the engine pings. The dealer service guys were totally stumped at such a thing - so I started using premium, or an octane boost. Both stopped the pinging, plus I saw an improvement in milage - about 1 to 1.5 MPG. and it seems to have improved performance.

Author:  sleeve84028 [ Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:26 am ]
Post subject: 

I figured you were driving at elevation... Just didn't know you were going into and out of it as well. [How does the Jeep perform in its current configuration]

Some discussion on the JET chips

Good thread on the B&G

Author:  MKJeepers [ Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:23 pm ]
Post subject: 

All of the additions have been improvements.
General flatland driving is pretty good. But the mountains and passes
are a little lacking. My Liberties with the smaller 3.7's don't have any issues on the Mt's or grades, with no mods & cheap gas.
In fact, with just a little push I'm passing everyone going uphill.

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

MKJeepers wrote:
sleeve84028 wrote:
Are you sure you notice an improvement with the premium fuel? [are you at elevation?]

The higher the octane, the harder it is to ignite.


I am not a fan of the Jet performance chips. They can reprogram the transmission to give you a perceived feeling of improvement. Some believe the Jet Stange 2 is OK for that, but the Jet stage 1 is a total waste.

If it were me, I'd find KY Liberty's posts on the B&G reflash of the computer. His posts should explain how to get in touch with B&G and what needs to be done to get some more power out of the engine.


I live in the So. Calif. mts - I go from 5200 ft down to 900 ft then back again. It's a 12 mile grade each way. The 2007 JK 3.8, usually above 4000 ft the engine pings. The dealer service guys were totally stumped at such a thing - so I started using premium, or an octane boost. Both stopped the pinging, plus I saw an improvement in milage - about 1 to 1.5 MPG. and it seems to have improved performance.
I to must use premium gas,it has been that way from the day I bought my KJ and that was in South Dakota at 2300'.Now I live in Colorado Springs and sitting at 6000' in elevation,anything less then 90 octane and my KJ pings(knocks).Was the same story when I was in Ft Lewis WA at 120' in elevation.

I do have the Jet stage II chip but that has only been installed since april of '04 and I have owned my KJ since Febuary of '02.

Author:  MKJeepers [ Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:42 pm ]
Post subject: 

Is that chip an easy install, or do you need dealer resets for the computer?

Have you heard any feedback on the Hypertech programmer.
The Jeep dealer sells them here and says they work - $375.00

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:16 pm ]
Post subject: 

MKJeepers wrote:
Is that chip an easy install, or do you need dealer resets for the computer?

Have you heard any feedback on the Hypertech programmer.
The Jeep dealer sells them here and says they work - $375.00
The Jet chip takes 30 seconds to install,no resetting required.Hypertech does not make anything for the KJ.

Author:  MKJeepers [ Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

Heard anything on the TJ or JK - I have both.

Author:  Burchie [ Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:43 pm ]
Post subject: 

MKJeepers wrote:
Heard anything on the TJ or JK - I have both.



must be nice :!: :!: :!: :roll:


:) :D :) :lol:

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/