| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| 4WD& sport utility mag http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36388 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | Hood297 [ Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | 4WD& sport utility mag |
anyone seen the december 2008 issue of 4WD & Sport Utility mag? On page 55 there is a full size ad for the mag about back issues and the back ground is a LOST trail ride. looks to be about 10-11 KJ's Leading is a Red Boulder bars KJ with a super winch, 2nd looks like tommudd, 3rd is ARB seth Can't tell if its before or after SFA. Glad to finally see KJ's more often in magazines! |
|
| Author: | jeremesh [ Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:14 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: 4WD& sport utility mag |
Hood297 wrote: anyone seen the december 2008 issue of 4WD & Sport Utility mag?
On page 55 there is a full size ad for the mag about back issues and the back ground is a LOST trail ride. looks to be about 10-11 KJ's Leading is a Red Boulder bars KJ with a super winch, 2nd looks like tommudd, 3rd is ARB seth Can't tell if its before or after SFA. Glad to finally see KJ's more often in magazines! Thats great, I have been thinking about subscribing to this... maybe now I will. |
|
| Author: | Inc [ Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Scan some pics into your PC and show us. I'd like to see that. |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
May 2006 issue, article called THE DEVILS LOOP LOST KJ WEST Club Had several including Seth "ARB" Green before the SFA also Wally before his SFA, Annette, John "Amsoil" Mathy, Ted Kalil, Heather and Quinn from AllJs , Mario Donovan (from Adventure Trailer fame) and others can not remember who else was on the trip I (of course is what my wife would say ) have the magazine here somewhere oh yes the red KJ in front is Clints ( Rounsavail) keep remembering who was in the article someone from the article will fill in the rest of the names OH and I wasn't there I guess newer members don't remember those as they were real active in the beginning on here and some of the original founders. They still stick their heads in every now and again which is good Tom |
|
| Author: | Signcutter21 [ Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:55 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Ed V was there, as was I. The two white kjs. (mine is the one with the door open). Also Quinn's dad, Dave (AZscout), Nanette were there too. What a fun ride. Drove 12+ hrs out west to the Barstow, CA area. Went wheeling with some great people, got some pics taken, ate lunch and drove all the way back home the same day. (hey liking a girl will make one do silly things). Yeah that was before Seth and Wally did the SFAs. As a matter of fact next month will be the 3 year anniversary of this trip. Man such a long time ago that seems like yesterday. thanks for the great memory, mike |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
speaking of articles in 4 Wheel Drive and SU magazine heres another one that some of you may of never seen October 2007 and Seths KJ with the SFA on the cover crossing a log bridge cool photo article inside about wheeling in the Northwest and a few more action shots of Seths |
|
| Author: | KW AV8R [ Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I used to subscribe to this magazine but it has undergone some changes in the last year (a new editor). I will not be renewing my subscription as it seems to have started going downhill. Since the new editor took over, the mag is falling into the same rut as every other 4wheeling magazine. Pretty much all they have covered for the past 6-8 months is JKs, TJs, Tacomas, and Suzukis. They will occasionally throw something like a Bronco or a Blazer in to change it up but never do they really cover anything other than the big ticket vehicles. I'm tired of reading about Toyotas and Wranglers so I will now be subscribing to Jeep Junkie since they are more likely to have real vehicles (not just trailer rigs that cost more than Italian sports cars). |
|
| Author: | DryBones [ Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Anybody Subscribe to Petersons 4 Wheel and Off-Road Magazine? The wife got "roped" into buying a subscription to a magazine and picked this for me. Just wondering if this is going to be a read once and leave in the doctors office waiting room magazine. Thanks for the heads up on Jeep Junkie. Looks cool for $13 a year. I also prefer the quarterly mags over the monthly. |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
KW AV8R wrote: I used to subscribe to this magazine but it has undergone some changes in the last year (a new editor). I will not be renewing my subscription as it seems to have started going downhill. Since the new editor took over, the mag is falling into the same rut as every other 4wheeling magazine. Pretty much all they have covered for the past 6-8 months is JKs, TJs, Tacomas, and Suzukis. They will occasionally throw something like a Bronco or a Blazer in to change it up but never do they really cover anything other than the big ticket vehicles. I'm tired of reading about Toyotas and Wranglers so I will now be subscribing to Jeep Junkie since they are more likely to have real vehicles (not just trailer rigs that cost more than Italian sports cars).
I started getting Jeep Junkie a while back and have enjoyed its more "down home" articles, not the brand new JK with 45000 thrown on top of the purchase price. |
|
| Author: | Inc [ Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
DryBones wrote: Anybody Subscribe to Petersons 4 Wheel and Off-Road Magazine? The wife got "roped" into buying a subscription to a magazine and picked this for me. Just wondering if this is going to be a read once and leave in the doctors office waiting room magazine.
Thanks for the heads up on Jeep Junkie. Looks cool for $13 a year. I also prefer the quarterly mags over the monthly. I get P4W&O magazine. It is ok. The best part is the Ultimate Adventure they put on every year, but this years choice of vehicle and build up was a bust. A full size chevy truck just doesn't do it for me off road. Some of the other UA rigs were amazing though. Other than that it is so so. Doubt I'll renew my subscription. |
|
| Author: | JJsTJ [ Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I agree on the changes over at the mag though. I have noticed a trend of almost all TJ & JK feature articles and I am tired of seeing the same 'ol stuff over and over. I too will not be renewing this time around. In the future I'll just skim it at the store and if it looks worth buying I'll grab the single issues. |
|
| Author: | Milner [ Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
KW AV8R wrote: I used to subscribe to this magazine but it has undergone some changes in the last year (a new editor). I will not be renewing my subscription as it seems to have started going downhill. Since the new editor took over, the mag is falling into the same rut as every other 4wheeling magazine. Pretty much all they have covered for the past 6-8 months is JKs, TJs, Tacomas, and Suzukis. They will occasionally throw something like a Bronco or a Blazer in to change it up but never do they really cover anything other than the big ticket vehicles. I'm tired of reading about Toyotas and Wranglers so I will now be subscribing to Jeep Junkie since they are more likely to have real vehicles (not just trailer rigs that cost more than Italian sports cars).
Kinda funny....I was happy when Phil came back on board as the editor. He was the editor way back when Tom McMullen owned the mag. To me they were the mag for the real 4wheeler and explorer. Now they are owned by a big corporation with lots of people to answer too. However, I am sure Phil will get as much of the down to earth wheeling in as he can. He is a history buff and loves to explore....and lives in Utah, not LA. I am looking forward to good things! |
|
| Author: | Tokyojoe [ Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
The mag title says what it should be covering, not the big show queens. "Sport Utility Vehicle." |
|
| Author: | CrossBones [ Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I never heard of Jeep Junkie. Thanks, I will have to check that rag out. |
|
| Author: | MNKK [ Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:12 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I just picked up a Jp Mag. It seems to have some good articles, there was quite a few advertisments, but heck the Jeep Trivia crossword was fun. I have never seen this mag before, but I did like some/most of the info in it. |
|
| Author: | JJsTJ [ Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:17 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Memories.... |
Pics from my camera of that mag run. Not a tough trail but it was a fun, memorable day.
|
|
| Author: | CrossBones [ Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Cool pics. What's that winch (red KJ) mounted to? A front hitch? |
|
| Author: | jsc7002 [ Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
wow there are some pre-SFA pics in there of a couple KJs |
|
| Author: | JJsTJ [ Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
CrossBones wrote: Cool pics.
What's that winch (red KJ) mounted to? A front hitch? Yes, hidden hitch. |
|
| Author: | JJsTJ [ Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
jsc7002 wrote: wow there are some pre-SFA pics in there of a couple KJs
3 of them at least...... |
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|