It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Tire monitors read low
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:09 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:55 pm
Posts: 88
Location: Big Bear, Ca
I'm so pissed I ever got the tire monitors. They read 5 lbs low and the low alarm goes off all day long. I hate them. Is there a way to fix this. I already retrained them to see if it would fix it.
Kory

_________________
Drive a bigger jeep than you


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:50 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:37 pm
Posts: 7928
Location: Big Bear & Lancaster, Ca.
Stupid Jeep! Fill the tires back up?? :lol:

_________________
99 TJ
71 C101
04 KJ
03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:53 pm 
Offline
Jeep-O-Caching
Jeep-O-Caching
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:41 am
Posts: 1815
Location: Northern Virginia
yeah, make sure you check all 5.

_________________
Jason
----------
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:58 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:55 pm
Posts: 88
Location: Big Bear, Ca
there all at 32, but it reads 27 and 26

_________________
Drive a bigger jeep than you


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:12 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:38 pm
Posts: 5334
Location: Biggest Little City
I got sick of my TPMS and sold them with my OEM wheels. I just cover up the dash light with electrical tape and I never notice it anymore. I had issues with my TPMS going off all the time anyway even when they were set at the right PSI. That on top of airing down a lot to wheel off road, I figured I was better off without them.

_________________
My Jeep Build ----> Big Black
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:40 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:23 am
Posts: 110
Location: Missoula, MT
Mine has never work properly, the warning light actually went off the first day I bought it about a mile from the lot. It has come on and gone off infrequently for the last year. Now the light has been on for about three weeks, this is the longest it has stayed on, the only part that bothers me is the extra "ding or beep" that the jeep makes at start up, the light does not really bother me.

_________________
05 Renegade Stock
NSG370 6 Speed
Some Painted Stuff


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:20 pm 
Offline
Jeep-O-Caching
Jeep-O-Caching
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:41 am
Posts: 1815
Location: Northern Virginia
Anybody know if the TPMS will work with MOAB's and MTR's or do I just need to do the tape thing too? :lol:

_________________
Jason
----------
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:15 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie

Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:50 pm
Posts: 760
Location: nj
DryBones wrote:
Anybody know if the TPMS will work with MOAB's and MTR's or do I just need to do the tape thing too? :lol:



mine work with my regular aluminum sport wheels, dont see why they would work with moabs since they are aluminum. mine also worked with moabs.

to the OP, dumb question but you sure you tire pressure gauge is not reading incorrectly and the tpms is correct? just a thought.

_________________
02' Sport- SOLD

07' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500 4x4
Yeah it's got a hemi!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:08 am 
Stupid question

But are you sure your pressure gage isn't just junk? a crap gage will be off far more than a large-corporation-calibrated sensor.

Just a thought.


BTW, Factory TPMS sensors will work with any factory Chrysler wheel.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:44 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:55 pm
Posts: 88
Location: Big Bear, Ca
Four different gauges.

_________________
Drive a bigger jeep than you


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:37 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:11 pm
Posts: 1885
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
I usually run my tires at 36psi, so if you increase the pressure to 36-37psi, your TPMS won't beep at you because it will read 32psi which is the mfg recommended psi. Problem solved. :)

_________________
2002 Jeep KJ Sport 3.7L 4x4

245/75-16 Mastercraft Courser HSX, 16x7 Cragar, 2" OME MD Lift, ARB Bumper
AEM Brute Force Cold Air Intake, Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler

Currently working on: Full service on transmission & bed-lining ARB bumper

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=84650


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:28 pm 
Offline
The Cake is a Lie!
The Cake is a Lie!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:16 pm
Posts: 768
Location: Sin City, Nevada
DryBones wrote:
Anybody know if the TPMS will work with MOAB's and MTR's or do I just need to do the tape thing too? :lol:


That's what I'm running and it works fine. It does read low since I went to bigger tires a few months ago, but that will go away when I have the stealership set up the system for the right size tires. I run mine at 35 psi and it reads 32. The low pressure warning goes off when it drops below 30. When you air down it only beeps for a minute or two and then you just have the lights to deal with. The only time this has bugged me is when I was doing a night run and I had all those warning lights blazing :x .

_________________
'06 Stone White, CRD Limited
CRD Frankenlift II, Rock Lizard Rear Bumper, Mann Provent, GDE FT-ECO Tune, "Euro Torque Converter, Transgo 545RFE-H2 Shift Kit, 245/75 MT/R's on Moabs, Full Mopar Skids, Front Tow Hooks, CAT 2 Fuel filter and bleeder valve mod, Fumoto valve, Wahlbro Lift Pump, Custom 2 1/2" Exhaust


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:02 pm 
Offline
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:18 pm
Posts: 2210
Location: Gold Coast Australia
works with moabs and

Cooper STT's
Mickey Thompson ATZ's
Hankook MTRT03

:D

_________________
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/742957
aussie KJ Lost No#150605
3" OME lift + Rancho RS9000xl's front and rear
prototype Airflow snorkel
Magnaflow cat back
265/70R16 Hankook MTRT03 on MOABS baby
4.10's and a truetrac up front
super skinks
coming soon
a myride wireless controller


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:11 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:57 am
Posts: 251
Location: Raleigh, NC
i guess this is where being a goodyear employee comes in handy... just like with any electronic that uses a battery, they die over time... this can cause you to have inacurate readings. most tpms sensor battery have to be replaced every 5-6 years.

_________________
L.O.S.T.#85291
Silver '05 KJ Sport 2wd
LSD
Rusty's 2.5" Lift
245-75-16 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs
16x8 Soft 8 Rims
K&N Drop In
Magnaflow Exhaust
Beretta Cougar .357SIG
Taurus Mil Pro 9mm


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:02 am 
almost all sensors have a built-in battery, so you can't replace just the battery


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com