| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Wierd noise in Reverse..... http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36425 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | SoDakJeep [ Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Wierd noise in Reverse..... |
When I back out of my driveway a little faster then I should I get a shake/rattle/thump noise and the whole truck lurches...It doesnt do any of the above when I floor it in Drive but when I get on the gas a little in reverse it feels like something is going to break. Is this normal? hahaha |
|
| Author: | Jeepjeepster [ Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Are you flooring it in R? Could be the tires spinning? Have you checked for little cars stuck in the hitch? Could be one of those gnats... I mean priuses. |
|
| Author: | SoDakJeep [ Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
hahahahahahaha checked the hitch no cars there haha no I am not flooring it just ease into it so I know its not the tires spinning. Wish I had the power to get the MTR's to spin haha. I'm not sure what exactly the problem is or exactly how to even explain it. |
|
| Author: | Maximum Carnage [ Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Wierd noise in Reverse..... |
SoDakJeep wrote: When I back out of my driveway a little faster then I should I get a shake/rattle/thump noise and the whole truck lurches...It doesnt do any of the above when I floor it in Drive but when I get on the gas a little in reverse it feels like something is going to break. Is this normal? hahaha
Mine Liberty did something similar to this years back when I was still under warranty. I took it in and they told me the pumpkin needs fluid and their were some metal shaving inside. They changed the gears filled her up with fluid and no problems since then. |
|
| Author: | SoDakJeep [ Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:43 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
that dont sound good at all.......im a broke college student living paycheck to paycheck as it is. I will be changing my F and R diff. very soon so maybe then it will just go away..... |
|
| Author: | Burchie [ Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
My KJ was doing that same thing. Never did find out what it was. so i guess i'm no help here. |
|
| Author: | oldMountainMan [ Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Wierd noise in Reverse..... |
SoDakJeep wrote: When I back out of my driveway a little faster then I should I get a shake/rattle/thump noise and the whole truck lurches...It doesnt do any of the above when I floor it in Drive but when I get on the gas a little in reverse it feels like something is going to break. Is this normal? hahaha
Mine (05 auto) will do something like that uphill in reverse if I give it gas before it engages fully. There seems to be some lag between moving the selector to the 'R' position and the reverse engaging fully. If I get on the gas immediately after moving the lever into reverse, it will chatter and slip. If I wait until I feel it drop into reverse before giving it gas, it works smoothly. |
|
| Author: | gone_jeepin [ Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Mine does the same thing every once in a while, but mine feels like reverse maybe geared to high. Either way mine is 03 with 80k miles on it and still reverses. I'm also a broke college student so if mine decides not to reverse, I guess I'll just find a way to always go forward. |
|
| Author: | cluelessklewer [ Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
my 05 kj did the exact same thing... i took it to the dealer and they had to "re-flash" the ecu... it was under warranty. they said that they had some programing problem. hasnt done it since. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|