LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Different Mag Light Holder
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36570
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Cacher123 [ Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Different Mag Light Holder

Click link:

[url=http://www.motosport.com/atv/product/TITAN-FLASHLIGHT-HOLDER/?catalogId=109036&words=flashlight&src=s&srchHistoryURL=jsglfxeo||words~flashlight^parentCategoryID~category_root^categoryID~264^categoryName~ATV]Flashlight Holder[/url]

Author:  tmaxx26power [ Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:13 pm ]
Post subject: 

Very Nice Find! Thanks

Author:  Inc [ Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

Is there anything that actually holds it in there or does it just sit in the hole? If it doesn't hold it tight, I wouldn't use it in a jeep, could become a projectile and I know in my KJ it would bounce around a ton off road. Looks like it would be good in a shop or garage though.

Author:  dieselenthusiast [ Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:43 am ]
Post subject: 

incubusmike wrote:
Is there anything that actually holds it in there or does it just sit in the hole? If it doesn't hold it tight, I wouldn't use it in a jeep, could become a projectile and I know in my KJ it would bounce around a ton off road. Looks like it would be good in a shop or garage though.


It appears that a (2, 3, 4 cell) Maglite would fit fairly snug in the holder and the rubber grommets would help keep the flashlight from slipping too much. If you mounted the bracket in a vertical position, then I don’t think there would be much movement. However, I imagine that the flashlight could potentially wiggle its ways out if mounted in a horizontal position.

I hope someone makes the purchase and reports back. I would like to have a flashlight holder for one of my Maglite’s to install inside my storage compartment on my travel trailer.

Author:  Inc [ Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:49 am ]
Post subject: 

Just get the Quick Fist Grips Holds em nice and tight and are cheaper. Will not come out either. You'd have to rip it off with the mounts attached. As much bouncing around as my KJ does, seems like the light would bounce around and annoy the crap out of me even in an upright position. I guess if you could cram it down into the holder, super tight, then maybe it might stay.

Author:  dieselenthusiast [ Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:04 am ]
Post subject: 

incubusmike wrote:
Just get the Quick Fist Grips Holds em nice and tight and are cheaper. Will not come out either. You'd have to rip it off with the mounts attached. As much bouncing around as my KJ does, seems like the light would bounce around and annoy the crap out of me even in an upright position. I guess if you could cram it down into the holder, super tight, then maybe it might stay.


Can you post a link to the Quick Fist Grips that you are talking about? I know that Nite-Ize makes a clip as well.

http://www.niteize.com/productdetail.ph ... duct_id=86

Author:  Inc [ Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:11 am ]
Post subject: 

http://www.endroad.com/page/page/675042.htm

Author:  dirt pig [ Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:53 am ]
Post subject: 

I have Tektite clips as well as the Nite-Ize clips.

The Tektite clips don't hold as tight as the Nite-Ize clips.
The Tektite has a softer plastic whereas the Nite-Ize is a more brittle type of plastic.

The Nit-Ize holds a lot tighter.
I ended up using the Nite-Ize with The Tektite Excursion LS4

http://www.tek-tite.com/src/product_info.php?id=2087

Author:  Maximum Carnage [ Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:38 am ]
Post subject: 

I like the Nite Ize just haven’t bought them. A bit off subject but we’ve spoke about good places to mount your fire extinguishers. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Author:  Cacher123 [ Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

I have the night Ize as well. Like em, but I snapped 2 holders from popping the flashlight out at a slight angle......

Author:  Inc [ Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

You can't break the Quick Fists. They do take longer to get out though. Still only takes 5 seconds instead of one.

Max Carnage- here is my fire extinguisher location:
Image

Author:  mrkake [ Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:03 pm ]
Post subject: 

Mine's in the same place as mike's but on the other side. I had a problem with it rattling so I found a 1" X 2" piece of adhesive backed dense foam. I don't know what product I purchased that it came with. I am a pack rat and I have probably had it for years :lol: . I put my flashlight where mike's extinguisher is with a Quick Fist. I have seen others mount there flashlights to the seat mount so when you open the driver's side door it's right at hand.

Here's an interesting side story: Two days after I mounted my extinguisher a Four Runner caught on fire (loose battery, fried wires, burning insulation) while we were sitting at a light. I jumped out, grabbed my extinguisher and yelled at the lady to pop her hood. She was so terrified that she just sat there. I had to tell her three times before it sunk in. Long story short, I got the fire out, pulled the battery away from the body and got her hauled out of traffic.

No hijack intended here 8)

Author:  dieselenthusiast [ Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:20 pm ]
Post subject: 

mrkake wrote:
Mine's in the same place as mike's but on the other side. I had a problem with it rattling so I found a 1" X 2" piece of adhesive backed dense foam. I don't know what product I purchased that it came with. I am a pack rat and I have probably had it for years :lol: . I put my flashlight where mike's extinguisher is with a Quick Fist. I have seen others mount there flashlights to the seat mount so when you open the driver's side door it's right at hand.

Here's an interesting side story: Two days after I mounted my extinguisher a Four Runner caught on fire (loose battery, fried wires, burning insulation) while we were sitting at a light. I jumped out, grabbed my extinguisher and yelled at the lady to pop her hood. She was so terrified that she just sat there. I had to tell her three times before it sunk in. Long story short, I got the fire out, pulled the battery away from the body and got her hauled out of traffic.

No hijack intended here 8)


Good testimony :D

Author:  Dje Ryu [ Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:06 pm ]
Post subject: 

Here's my extinguisher install... under the passenger seat.:

Image
Image

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/