LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Tire monitors read low
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36579
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Rockjeep [ Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Tire monitors read low

I'm so pissed I ever got the tire monitors. They read 5 lbs low and the low alarm goes off all day long. I hate them. Is there a way to fix this. I already retrained them to see if it would fix it.
Kory

Author:  JJsTJ [ Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:50 pm ]
Post subject: 

Stupid Jeep! Fill the tires back up?? :lol:

Author:  DryBones [ Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:53 pm ]
Post subject: 

yeah, make sure you check all 5.

Author:  Rockjeep [ Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:58 pm ]
Post subject: 

there all at 32, but it reads 27 and 26

Author:  Inc [ Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:12 pm ]
Post subject: 

I got sick of my TPMS and sold them with my OEM wheels. I just cover up the dash light with electrical tape and I never notice it anymore. I had issues with my TPMS going off all the time anyway even when they were set at the right PSI. That on top of airing down a lot to wheel off road, I figured I was better off without them.

Author:  isutherl [ Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

Mine has never work properly, the warning light actually went off the first day I bought it about a mile from the lot. It has come on and gone off infrequently for the last year. Now the light has been on for about three weeks, this is the longest it has stayed on, the only part that bothers me is the extra "ding or beep" that the jeep makes at start up, the light does not really bother me.

Author:  DryBones [ Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:20 pm ]
Post subject: 

Anybody know if the TPMS will work with MOAB's and MTR's or do I just need to do the tape thing too? :lol:

Author:  myjeepwalks [ Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

DryBones wrote:
Anybody know if the TPMS will work with MOAB's and MTR's or do I just need to do the tape thing too? :lol:



mine work with my regular aluminum sport wheels, dont see why they would work with moabs since they are aluminum. mine also worked with moabs.

to the OP, dumb question but you sure you tire pressure gauge is not reading incorrectly and the tpms is correct? just a thought.

Author:  Guest [ Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:08 am ]
Post subject: 

Stupid question

But are you sure your pressure gage isn't just junk? a crap gage will be off far more than a large-corporation-calibrated sensor.

Just a thought.


BTW, Factory TPMS sensors will work with any factory Chrysler wheel.

Author:  Rockjeep [ Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

Four different gauges.

Author:  jeepkj02 [ Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:37 pm ]
Post subject: 

I usually run my tires at 36psi, so if you increase the pressure to 36-37psi, your TPMS won't beep at you because it will read 32psi which is the mfg recommended psi. Problem solved. :)

Author:  mrkake [ Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:28 pm ]
Post subject: 

DryBones wrote:
Anybody know if the TPMS will work with MOAB's and MTR's or do I just need to do the tape thing too? :lol:


That's what I'm running and it works fine. It does read low since I went to bigger tires a few months ago, but that will go away when I have the stealership set up the system for the right size tires. I run mine at 35 psi and it reads 32. The low pressure warning goes off when it drops below 30. When you air down it only beeps for a minute or two and then you just have the lights to deal with. The only time this has bugged me is when I was doing a night run and I had all those warning lights blazing :x .

Author:  Fouros [ Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

works with moabs and

Cooper STT's
Mickey Thompson ATZ's
Hankook MTRT03

:D

Author:  cluelessklewer [ Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:11 pm ]
Post subject: 

i guess this is where being a goodyear employee comes in handy... just like with any electronic that uses a battery, they die over time... this can cause you to have inacurate readings. most tpms sensor battery have to be replaced every 5-6 years.

Author:  Guest [ Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:02 am ]
Post subject: 

almost all sensors have a built-in battery, so you can't replace just the battery

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/