It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 5:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Wierd noise in Reverse.....
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:57 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:02 pm
Posts: 548
Location: Aberdeen, SD
When I back out of my driveway a little faster then I should I get a shake/rattle/thump noise and the whole truck lurches...It doesnt do any of the above when I floor it in Drive but when I get on the gas a little in reverse it feels like something is going to break. Is this normal? hahaha

_________________
Its a Jeep Thing...
IF CAPS LOOK IS ON IM AT WORK DONT WORRY BOUT IT IM NOT YELLING HAHA

2005 RENEGADE 4X4
2.5 RUSTYS LIFT
245/75/16 GOODYEAR MTR'S
FULL TINT
13 MILES TO THE GALLON.....GOD darn HAHA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:53 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:03 pm
Posts: 8052
Location: Kentuckeeee
Are you flooring it in R? Could be the tires spinning?

Have you checked for little cars stuck in the hitch? Could be one of those gnats... I mean priuses. :lol:

_________________
LOST KJ'S
Where are you going???
Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty
-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:57 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:02 pm
Posts: 548
Location: Aberdeen, SD
hahahahahahaha checked the hitch no cars there haha :twisted:

no I am not flooring it just ease into it so I know its not the tires spinning. Wish I had the power to get the MTR's to spin haha. I'm not sure what exactly the problem is or exactly how to even explain it.

_________________
Its a Jeep Thing...
IF CAPS LOOK IS ON IM AT WORK DONT WORRY BOUT IT IM NOT YELLING HAHA

2005 RENEGADE 4X4
2.5 RUSTYS LIFT
245/75/16 GOODYEAR MTR'S
FULL TINT
13 MILES TO THE GALLON.....GOD darn HAHA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wierd noise in Reverse.....
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:53 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:09 pm
Posts: 1297
Location: Minneapolis, MN
SoDakJeep wrote:
When I back out of my driveway a little faster then I should I get a shake/rattle/thump noise and the whole truck lurches...It doesnt do any of the above when I floor it in Drive but when I get on the gas a little in reverse it feels like something is going to break. Is this normal? hahaha


Mine Liberty did something similar to this years back when I was still under warranty. I took it in and they told me the pumpkin needs fluid and their were some metal shaving inside. They changed the gears filled her up with fluid and no problems since then.

_________________
"I'm the guy who does his job, you must be the other guy"
02 Black UNlimited Edition 4X4 Select Trac Liberty Towing/Off Road Packages 245/75/16 on black Moabs
RL diff cover/Super Skink sliders, Rusty's 2.5" Coil Lift w/ clevis lift, Roof basket W/Hella FF75...
On the prowl for an M416/M101/M100 trailer
L.O.S.T. Member 2877


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:43 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:02 pm
Posts: 548
Location: Aberdeen, SD
that dont sound good at all.......im a broke college student living paycheck to paycheck as it is.

I will be changing my F and R diff. very soon so maybe then it will just go away..... :roll:

_________________
Its a Jeep Thing...
IF CAPS LOOK IS ON IM AT WORK DONT WORRY BOUT IT IM NOT YELLING HAHA

2005 RENEGADE 4X4
2.5 RUSTYS LIFT
245/75/16 GOODYEAR MTR'S
FULL TINT
13 MILES TO THE GALLON.....GOD darn HAHA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:35 pm 
Offline
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:23 pm
Posts: 2776
Location: The call is coming from inside the house
My KJ was doing that same thing. Never did find out what it was. so i guess i'm no help here.

_________________
- Burchie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wierd noise in Reverse.....
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:21 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:11 pm
Posts: 16
Location: Denver, CO
SoDakJeep wrote:
When I back out of my driveway a little faster then I should I get a shake/rattle/thump noise and the whole truck lurches...It doesnt do any of the above when I floor it in Drive but when I get on the gas a little in reverse it feels like something is going to break. Is this normal? hahaha


Mine (05 auto) will do something like that uphill in reverse if I give it gas before it engages fully. There seems to be some lag between moving the selector to the 'R' position and the reverse engaging fully. If I get on the gas immediately after moving the lever into reverse, it will chatter and slip. If I wait until I feel it drop into reverse before giving it gas, it works smoothly.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:40 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:54 pm
Posts: 486
Location: Cartersville, Georgia
Mine does the same thing every once in a while, but mine feels like reverse maybe geared to high. Either way mine is 03 with 80k miles on it and still reverses. I'm also a broke college student so if mine decides not to reverse, I guess I'll just find a way to always go forward. :lol:

_________________
Drop what your doin, and go drive your jeep!!!!
03 Jeep Liberty Limited
4X4
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:05 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:57 am
Posts: 251
Location: Raleigh, NC
my 05 kj did the exact same thing... i took it to the dealer and they had to "re-flash" the ecu... it was under warranty. they said that they had some programing problem. hasnt done it since.

_________________
L.O.S.T.#85291
Silver '05 KJ Sport 2wd
LSD
Rusty's 2.5" Lift
245-75-16 Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs
16x8 Soft 8 Rims
K&N Drop In
Magnaflow Exhaust
Beretta Cougar .357SIG
Taurus Mil Pro 9mm


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com