| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Squeaking Again! http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36690 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Fulltimer [ Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Squeaking Again! |
My lift seems to be making noise again. On speed bumps, starting forward or starting in reverse is when it does it. I had a couple of big muscular guys try bouncing the back and then the front...nothing. Move it under power and there it is. The guys said it seems to be in the passenger rear side. Any suggestions on what to check?. Terry |
|
| Author: | trailman [ Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:48 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I know what you mean about squeaking. I'm not sure what squeaks in the rear, but my sway bar has been squeaking since I installed the franky. I've loosened and re-torqued everything a couple of times with no dice. I kinda just got used to it. Sorry I'm not any help. |
|
| Author: | Fulltimer [ Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:03 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
trailman wrote: I know what you mean about squeaking. I'm not sure what squeaks in the rear, but my sway bar has been squeaking since I installed the franky. I've loosened and re-torqued everything a couple of times with no dice. I kinda just got used to it. Sorry I'm not any help.
I took my sway bar off the day it was lifted. Terry |
|
| Author: | Fulltimer [ Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Bump |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:27 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I dont have any squeaks, but then I am not as old as you are |
|
| Author: | mrkake [ Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:30 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I had to loosen my rear sway bar just enough to allow some play and drive it around some (got some pretty bumpy roads close by. I probably drove 5 miles total). Then tighten everything back up. The squeak went away. Don't know if it's the same thing but that worked for me. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|