It is currently Sun Oct 04, 2026 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Squeaking Again!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:49 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:19 pm
Posts: 4129
Location: Saint Augustine, FL
My lift seems to be making noise again. On speed bumps, starting forward or starting in reverse is when it does it. I had a couple of big muscular guys try bouncing the back and then the front...nothing. Move it under power and there it is. The guys said it seems to be in the passenger rear side.

Any suggestions on what to check?.

Terry

_________________
Image2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4X4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:48 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:33 pm
Posts: 223
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
I know what you mean about squeaking. I'm not sure what squeaks in the rear, but my sway bar has been squeaking since I installed the franky. I've loosened and re-torqued everything a couple of times with no dice. I kinda just got used to it. Sorry I'm not any help.

_________________
02' KJ Limited/Frankenlift I HD Coils
245/75 Big Foot A/T's on Soft 8's
EBC Greenstuffs 7000
K&N Air Filter
Full set Mopar skids
Sirius Sat Radio
Cheapa$$ Subwoofer
Custom pinstripes:)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:03 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:19 pm
Posts: 4129
Location: Saint Augustine, FL
trailman wrote:
I know what you mean about squeaking. I'm not sure what squeaks in the rear, but my sway bar has been squeaking since I installed the franky. I've loosened and re-torqued everything a couple of times with no dice. I kinda just got used to it. Sorry I'm not any help.


I took my sway bar off the day it was lifted.

Terry

_________________
Image2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4X4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:40 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:19 pm
Posts: 4129
Location: Saint Augustine, FL
Bump

_________________
Image2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4X4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:27 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
I dont have any squeaks, but then I am not as old as you are :twisted: OH wait talking about the KJ sorry........................ :roll:

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:30 am 
Offline
The Cake is a Lie!
The Cake is a Lie!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:16 pm
Posts: 768
Location: Sin City, Nevada
I had to loosen my rear sway bar just enough to allow some play and drive it around some (got some pretty bumpy roads close by. I probably drove 5 miles total). Then tighten everything back up. The squeak went away. Don't know if it's the same thing but that worked for me.

_________________
'06 Stone White, CRD Limited
CRD Frankenlift II, Rock Lizard Rear Bumper, Mann Provent, GDE FT-ECO Tune, "Euro Torque Converter, Transgo 545RFE-H2 Shift Kit, 245/75 MT/R's on Moabs, Full Mopar Skids, Front Tow Hooks, CAT 2 Fuel filter and bleeder valve mod, Fumoto valve, Wahlbro Lift Pump, Custom 2 1/2" Exhaust


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com