| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Tracking service on your KJ http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36702 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | Chief BK [ Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Tracking service on your KJ |
I'm curious as to how many of you out there are as meticulous as I am when it comes to tracking vehicle maintenance? I keep everything on an excel worksheet with dates, locations, mileage and detailed repair info. Am I the only person who keeps things this detailed? Yes...believe it or not...I'll even list washes and waxes too. Do you track your maintenance? If so, how do you do it? |
|
| Author: | trailman [ Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:45 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I should keep better records than I do. I might steel your excel spreadsheet idea. I definitely won't be tracking washes and waxes though. |
|
| Author: | Diggerfreek [ Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I use oil sample reports to track my oil changes |
|
| Author: | Chief BK [ Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
trailman...feel free to pm your e-mail to me. I'll be glad to send you a copy of what I'm using. |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
track mine the same way my Grandfather did, small note pad with all invoices etc attached. Do not keep track of wash cause thats once a week anyways, wax every three months. |
|
| Author: | TAHOE [ Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I used to always write my maintenance in the back of my vehicle owner's manual. Now I also keep mine on a Word spreadsheet. |
|
| Author: | ATXKJ [ Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
note pad in door - mileage and fill for every tank of fuel - all services - tires- ect. (not washes) all receipts and invoices are in the Jeep folder in my desk. (I do maintain an Excel SPC chart on mileage) |
|
| Author: | DryBones [ Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:38 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
excel spreadsheet with date/mileage/work performed and type of item used. All receipts go in a file folder in the file cabinet. I also just started putting things into my Outllook calendar as a reminder to do things. |
|
| Author: | Guest [ Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:58 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I keep receipts. they're all stuffed in the door pockets and glovebox. you think YOU have no room in the glovebox...try finding a pen in mine |
|
| Author: | JNJ-Z [ Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
i keep my notes in my tool box |
|
| Author: | 2006 KJ [ Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
i have a folder i put all my KJ stuff in... that way i know when all services were... where i bought all my parts and for how much.. ect. |
|
| Author: | zzack92 [ Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
excel workshett four me |
|
| Author: | tjkj2002 [ Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
All my service maintance is all in my head.SFA stuff is in a binder. |
|
| Author: | DryBones [ Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
on a side note. I just did the usual 5k oil change and man that stuff looked dirty so I am going down to a 4k routine and possibly 3k if thing still look this dirty. Just went to Mobil1 about 3 changes ago so I am hoping the synthetic is doing some cleaning for me. |
|
| Author: | Chief BK [ Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Careful Drybones...you'll have everyone in one of those regular vs synthetic fights again. lol |
|
| Author: | bugnout [ Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I use Vehicle Manager by Iambic. for both Windows and Smart Phone. I always have my phone so it makes keeping track of fuel mileage and maintenance very easy. |
|
| Author: | Khaki-KJ [ Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:45 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Paper mileage and expense log in the glovebox and the numbers get transferred to an excel worksheet at the end of each month. Receipts are kept in file folders by year. All repairs, parts and maintenance get logged and I keep a fuel economy log since I keep track of the mileage at each fill up. I also have a maintenance schedule set up in Outlook. I am self employed and I need all of this for tax purposes. It just looks like I have obsessive compulsive disorder. |
|
| Author: | mrkake [ Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Maintenance log on the garage wall, reciepts go in an 9 X 13 envelope on the same clip board. Info transeferred monthly to Excel and file cabinet for reciepts. I only keep track of routine maintenance and repairs. Mileage is tracked when I feel like it. Probably 3 weeks out of each quarter. |
|
| Author: | LIV42DY [ Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I keep it on my Laptop, back it up to an external HD. Been doing it since 2002 when it left the dealer. Before that had a note pad with an old worn out pencil |
|
| Author: | DryBones [ Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Chief BK wrote: Careful Drybones...you'll have everyone in one of those regular vs synthetic fights again. lol
OOPS, sorry, my bad! Please disregard my previous post |
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|