| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| J Products Interior Rack http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36707 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Chief BK [ Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | J Products Interior Rack |
Is anyone currently using the Interior Rack from J Products? http://www.boulderbars.com/kj_interior_rack.htm I'm giving this some consideration, but was wondering how much noise you've got from vibration when it's empty? |
|
| Author: | LIV42DY [ Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:13 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
im not using one , Made my own, but if you download the pdf on the mounting it looks like it sits tight enough where you would not have an issue. |
|
| Author: | 03CDKJ [ Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:51 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
No noise when empty... You'll love it!
|
|
| Author: | 501 [ Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Built my own too....... Might want to look at http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30592 These hold up pretty good and don't cost much to make. |
|
| Author: | JL Rockies [ Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:50 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
When I ordered mine, it was one of three left back in April. It's never been empty though, my Power Tank is mounted to it and all my recovery gear and tools are strapped to it. |
|
| Author: | Cacher123 [ Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I got one of the originals... Love it! Makes it real easy to reach stuff just through the window. 1st aid kit, mounted MAG flashlight to one side, road flares, gloves, toilet paper, etc. All up top. I just keep a folded airline blanket over top of everything so nothing is visible from outside. Also laid down a length of no skid rubber (like they use in kitchen drawers) so nothing slides around. I put mine on 1" spacers so the top of my cooler opens more when stowed underneath it. Doesn't rattle one bit. Thing is sturdy as heck! This pic is before I put the spacers in but you can see the green shelf liner.
Quote: I never noticed!!!!!! My All J rack is missing 4 holes!!!!
Mine too!! |
|
| Author: | Chief BK [ Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Great idea using the spacers. |
|
| Author: | gatorator [ Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:38 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I've got one also. I welded a six inch high piece across the front so there is less chance of stuff flying through the air. I've had a quarter of an Elk on top of it, so it is sturdy. It's currently is holding up my Zodiac and my 2 horse Honda. |
|
| Author: | macgyver [ Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
JL Rockies wrote: When I ordered mine, it was one of three left back in April. It's never been empty though, my Power Tank is mounted to it and all my recovery gear and tools are strapped to it.
We have plenty of interior racks in stock |
|
| Author: | KW AV8R [ Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
macgyver wrote: We have plenty of interior racks in stock
Good. I was afraid that you might discontinue this product and I was trying to figure out a way to get one of the last ones. At least now I can wait just a little while (maybe tax return time). |
|
| Author: | Diggerfreek [ Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:50 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
how about one for the kk? |
|
| Author: | hooperswish [ Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:24 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Those look very functional and are very cool. I know it is obvious guys, but please make sure everything is tied down. I know of a kid coming home from college who had a loose television set hit him in the back of the head and kill him while driving home from college. Loose objects flying around are bad news...but I am sure I am preaching to the choir....just a reminder... |
|
| Author: | Cacher123 [ Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:28 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
hooperswish wrote: Those look very functional and are very cool. I know it is obvious guys, but please make sure everything is tied down. I know of a kid coming home from college who had a loose television set hit him in the back of the head and kill him while driving home from college. Loose objects flying around are bad news...but I am sure I am preaching to the choir....just a reminder...
Not funny.... I was driving a Camaro and had a rack for SCUBA tanks in the back cargo area, behind the rear seats, a full 18" lower than the rear seat back. I had to panic stock and a full tank managed to pop out of it's bungy tiedown, launch over the back seat and slam into the back of my headrest. I thought I got rear ended till I saw it lying on the rear seat! Coulda been my head! |
|
| Author: | MtnRunner [ Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:01 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Cacher123 wrote: I got one of the originals... Love it! Makes it real easy to reach stuff just through the window. 1st aid kit, mounted MAG flashlight to one side, road flares, gloves, toilet paper, etc. All up top. I just keep a folded airline blanket over top of everything so nothing is visible from outside. Also laid down a length of no skid rubber (like they use in kitchen drawers) so nothing slides around. I put mine on 1" spacers so the top of my cooler opens more when stowed underneath it. Doesn't rattle one bit. Thing is sturdy as heck!
This pic is before I put the spacers in but you can see the green shelf liner. ![]() Quote: I never noticed!!!!!! My All J rack is missing 4 holes!!!! Mine too!! hey catcher123, where did you get that nifty floor mat? |
|
| Author: | Cacher123 [ Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I believe it's the same as the Mopar one. Mine is a Husky - just about any 4wd catalog has them. I like the extended lip in case of spills as I keep a cooler in there in the summer. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|