LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

crazy idea for removeable rear seats
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36714
Page 1 of 1

Author:  tommudd [ Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:58 pm ]
Post subject:  crazy idea for removeable rear seats

OK while looking through some magazines tonight came across a boat mag that had lots of seats advertised.... :shock: looking at them and thinking it would not be too hard to fab up a bracket to go all the way across, that the seats would bolt to and would then help support a flat deck the rest of the time.
Some of the seats look way comfy, more so than the Libertys now :wink: 2 with a nice cooler in between, 4 pins each to remove and throw the flat floor in, or even remove just one to haul things

go ahead and tell me I have been up too long, and its a crazy idea ...its OK

Author:  DryBones [ Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:12 am ]
Post subject: 

what about the seat belts?

Author:  Inc [ Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:22 am ]
Post subject: 

You'd have to be darn sure they would hold up in a crash, but I have always been really fond of racing seats. 4 of them in a KJ would be cool. Figure out a way to mount 2 of them in the back with a quick release for storage or what not.

Author:  dropped_71chevy [ Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:39 am ]
Post subject: 

Could they fold down for storage purposes? I can see wanting to get some more utility and comfort out of the rear seats but I'm not sure that this would be practical. Like incubusmike noted, crash worthiness is a concern.

Author:  501 [ Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:10 am ]
Post subject: 

Tom, you've been up to long and it's a CRAZY idea!!














(Had to say it!) :lol:

Author:  tommudd [ Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:37 am ]
Post subject: 

DryBones wrote:
what about the seat belts?


seat belts, just use the stock ones they do not bolt to the seats in any way so they would still work, boat seats would be as strong as the stock liberty crappy ones I wold think, I think everyone is thinking of a cheap bass boat type of seat instaed of the real comfotable ones I was looking at last night

oh well someone will do it then everyone will be like GREATIDEA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Author:  CrossBones [ Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:34 pm ]
Post subject: 

incubusmike wrote:
You'd have to be darn sure they would hold up in a crash, but I have always been really fond of racing seats. 4 of them in a KJ would be cool. Figure out a way to mount 2 of them in the back with a quick release for storage or what not.

I had actually thought of replacing the rear seat with two KJ Limited (leather / power) seats that matched my current front seats.

Author:  Sean150 [ Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:39 am ]
Post subject: 

whenever Tom says something is a great idea it usually means that as soon as his wife is gone for work or school he will start to rip the KJ apart and try said "good idea". Sure enough i'll get a call from him wanting to scour some junkyards for some good rear seats from a minivan that fold and then hinge forward or something. lol

In all modesty though his ideas are far more mild than mine, I mean heck, I tried to figure out how to make my car run on hydrogen that the car produces on demand. which reminds me does anyone have some high voltage DC to AC power inverters laying around they would like to donate for a greater good :D :D

Author:  jeepkj02 [ Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:51 pm ]
Post subject: 

I think its a great idea!! Even better put 2 lazyboy recliners and a plasma tv!!! :shock: :lol: :lol:

Author:  jerbacher [ Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

tom, got a link to said boat seats?

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/