LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Tip Over Question
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36730
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Fulltimer [ Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Tip Over Question

Is there any difference in the tip over angle between going up a hill and coming down? I'm assuming that the front end is the heaviest due to the engine. Would weight shifting cause it to tip over easier going down hill?

Terry

Author:  ATXKJ [ Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

Theoretically it should be easier to tip over going downhill.
Although I was assured by the folks at Moab -that in reality they never flip end over end - it's always slip and then roll sideways

Author:  RAYMAN975 [ Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:13 pm ]
Post subject: 

not according to this guy!!! hahaha :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7fMmHar97M

Author:  Fulltimer [ Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:26 pm ]
Post subject: 

RAYMAN975 wrote:
not according to this guy!!! hahaha :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7fMmHar97M


I remember the video! :lol: :lol: Kinda disproves the "above" theory. :lol:

Terry

Author:  JL Rockies [ Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

I've climbed up things that I would never want to go down. I remember MOAB back in February driving up a switchback on the side of a canyon that was one long sheet of ice. I was with some insane dude from Western CO. I drove up without a 2nd thought but when I saw my friend lose momentum, turn sideway and slide back down the narrow road without benefit of a guard rail; I was pretty concerned about the return trip.
This event was the birthplace of a very prestigious award.

On Fins-n-Things, driving up and seeing nothing but sky was not as scary as driving down and seeing nothing but headliner!

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/