| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Another Daystar Question http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36736 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | desertkj [ Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:02 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Another Daystar Question |
Ok, I'm looking through the Daystar website and I'm trying to find the right spacer lift for the KJ. I know I do not want an OTT lift and am looking for the most reliable, least likely to fail kit. I tend to stick to fire roads and lighter trails, so I'm not overly worried about losing some flex. Which kit works best? |
|
| Author: | jsc7002 [ Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:06 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
the daystar 2.5" is good or if you dont want to go that high you can get the daystar 1.5" you can get the 2.5" from boulder bars for $155 plus new shocks |
|
| Author: | desertkj [ Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:16 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
So either one is reliable? If I can get 2.5", I would love to, I just don't want to have to buy the Al's A-Arms and Moogs or I would probably go the full coil system route. EDIT: Oh, and what tire size seems to be common without rubbing with the Daystar? |
|
| Author: | RAYMAN975 [ Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
if you go with the 2.5", anywhere from 245-70-16, 255-70-16, or 245-75-16 would probably be ok for you |
|
| Author: | desertkj [ Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
RAYMAN975 wrote: if you go with the 2.5", anywhere from 245-70-16, 255-70-16, or 245-75-16 would probably be ok for you
Great. Thanks! I'd probably just go to 245-70-16 to keep it decent for my commute. I tried to search for the Daystar thing on the forum, but was not sure which kit everyone was talking about. |
|
| Author: | jsc7002 [ Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:54 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I like the size of 245/75 but they usually weigh more and will hurt your mpg a little, and no you dont need the new a-arms for it, but you dont need new a-arms if you get OME HD coils either, I have OME HD coils and a extra rear iso and a 3 ring clevis on stock a-arms and I have had zero problems and you can ask Tommud he has a setup similar and has 70k on it before he got a-arms and he said he only got them bc he got a good deal on them |
|
| Author: | 501 [ Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Here's the one I bought http://www.jeeperz-creeperz.com/comfort-ride-lift-p-3972.html?osCsid=1b3478c19d5ff627d3eaaf3a7d594f71. Been using it since April and love it! Don't forget to buy extended rear shocks too. I have 255/70/16's on it and had slight rubbing in the front on the fog light covers. Nothing a dremil tool couldn't fix!! |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|