It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Jeep Liberty Tent
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:45 pm 
Offline
I live here
I live here
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:59 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Aurora, CO
Does anyone know if the tent, designed to fit the stock" Jeep Liberty, will still fit properly with a lift and bigger tires? In particular, the 4" lift and 32" tires.

_________________
===
New KJ Gear - Desert Armor Flak

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:18 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:12 pm
Posts: 2476
Location: Jamestown PA
i'm not sure but i've been thinking the same thing.... that means you should try it just to make sure :)

_________________
2006 Renegade. Completely stock.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:22 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:54 am
Posts: 3865
Location: Draper, UT
I don't think it makes a difference. It looks like the attachment point is essentially a big nylon sock.

_________________
2006 CRD http://www.UtahPowderCoatings.com/ http://www.gorecon.com/ I'm kind of a big deal.
RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:37 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:12 pm
Posts: 2476
Location: Jamestown PA
the thing i've been wondering about with these "jeep" tents that attach to the KJ... is that bugs and insects/small animals have a easy way in since it doesnt completely seal...

_________________
2006 Renegade. Completely stock.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:57 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:31 pm
Posts: 1203
Location: NE Ohio
yea you go to drive your jeep somewhere the morning after and OMG!!! haha :lol:

_________________
2002 Cactus Green Renegade~OME HD/Rancho
235-85-16 Firestone Destination MT's~Detroit Locker~AL's 4.5 Arms
ARB bumper/Superwinch 9k~PIAA 540 driving lights/PIAA reverse lights~Crane 8.25 diff cover
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:19 pm 
Offline
Jeep-O-Caching
Jeep-O-Caching
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:41 am
Posts: 1815
Location: Northern Virginia
just get a real tent and an easy up awning thing to put between your tent and the Jeep. Do you really need to get into the Jeep from the tent? :lol:

_________________
Jason
----------
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:01 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:19 pm
Posts: 451
Location: NYC
I have it and it should fit OK. Only issue might be in the rain with the different slope of the roof of the tent. But the tires won't be a problem. However, if I did it over again I'd just get a regular tent. It's cool looking and says JEEP on it but other than that basically cheap and a PIA to put up. As for the bugs there is a seperate door you can close near the jeep end of the tent but the person between the jeep and the door may get some bugs. It does have a LOT of room, I will give it that. 4 guys (all 6'+) was no problem in the main room. If we had it set up to the jeep we could have fit one more in the extra room that is created. If you realy wanted to you could fit 5 in the main room and 2 in the portion that sets up to the jeep but that would be tight. You can only use the extra portion if it's set up to the jeep otherwise it's only good to just keep you packs stored in that section.

_________________
'04 Liberty Limited - 245/70/16 Firestone Destination AT's, Mopar tow hooks, Draw-Tite Class IV hitch, Skid Row Engine & Transmission Skids, Mopar T-Case & Gas Tank Skids, Extended Breather Tubes, Red Top Optima, Sylvania Silver Star head lights, Hella 500FF bumper mounted driving lights


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:28 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:36 pm
Posts: 893
Location: Limerick.Ireland
saw one on eaby,but think regular one would be better

_________________
2002 Cherokee 2.5 Crd Sport
ARB Bumper unit
Champion winche System
2'' Daystar lift kit
remapped ecu
Mopar light system
Samco Blue Hoses
Razer R20s filter
K&N Air filter system
Airflow snorkel system
builtin garmin system
bridgestone 245/70/16 All Terrains


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:53 pm 
Offline
I live here
I live here
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:59 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Aurora, CO
I was looking at that KJ tent that was posted on Craigslist in Columbus, Ohio - someone posted the link in the For Sale section.

For $150 and possible never used....sounds like it is still worth it. Can you close the KJ up with the tent attached? Keep the bugs out. The access area is obviously for keeping gear handy and quick acees to the KJ. I would not buy it if you couldn't close up the KJ while attached.

_________________
===
New KJ Gear - Desert Armor Flak

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:53 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:50 pm
Posts: 1633
David,

I have one. It will work. And I am willing to part with it. Used twice. Let me know...say $100?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:56 pm 
RAYMAN975 wrote:
yea you go to drive your jeep somewhere the morning after and OMG!!! haha :lol:


lol. yeah, you go to drive your jeep and this happens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTLcZ1BCmms


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:09 am 
Offline
I live here
I live here
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:59 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Aurora, CO
One of my all time favorite commericals. Wish the KJ had that sliding roof. I think my major design change will be the convertible KJ after it is paid off and I save a little.

_________________
===
New KJ Gear - Desert Armor Flak

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:48 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:36 pm
Posts: 893
Location: Limerick.Ireland
icarl wrote:
RAYMAN975 wrote:
yea you go to drive your jeep somewhere the morning after and OMG!!! haha :lol:


lol. yeah, you go to drive your jeep and this happens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTLcZ1BCmms


funny video doe

_________________
2002 Cherokee 2.5 Crd Sport
ARB Bumper unit
Champion winche System
2'' Daystar lift kit
remapped ecu
Mopar light system
Samco Blue Hoses
Razer R20s filter
K&N Air filter system
Airflow snorkel system
builtin garmin system
bridgestone 245/70/16 All Terrains


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:03 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:32 pm
Posts: 344
Location: saint diego, ca
I have had 2 of these types of tents (one jeep and one by Sportz). Bugs and rain can get in, however I had very little problem with either (that being said I have not been in a high bug concentration area) and it has to be raining pretty hard for the rain to overcome sleeve and I put a towel where the roof and tent meet which solved the problem (you can zip up the exit to the sleeve and then there will be no issues) .
The Jeep tent is very big with lots of room, does zip up between vehicle sock and tent, you can leave tailgate open, can be a pain to setup (I find most tents are, this one is usally a 2 man job), and you don't have to attach it to the vehicle. I have one because the wife and I will sleep in the vehicle when it gets a too cold (have been snowed on a couple of times) and it is nice to be able to undress and get straight into the vehicle. My wife did not care for camping, but this has changed her mind and she does not mind as much due to the conveinece. The attaching to the vehicle takes a couple of minutes each time, but we usually unhook in the morning and hook it back up right before night fall. There are better tents out there but the nice thing is that if you don't want to hook it up you don't have too and it functions as a regular tent, with the option if you need it.
All that said if you don't care about interior room I would look at the Sportz SUV tent. I thought it was a better tent, was cheaper, and was much easier to setup (1 man job), additionally the vehicle sleeve zips off pretty easy. It is about 2/3rds the size and that is the only reason we (wife made me) decided to buy the bigger one.
Bottom line if you can get the jeep tent for $160-$190ish I say it is a good deal, if you pay list price, not so much.
Joe

_________________
2005 Liberty CRD, 245/75R16, OME CRD Springs front, OME HD rear


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com