LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Jeep Liberty Tent
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36819
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Tokyojoe [ Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Jeep Liberty Tent

Does anyone know if the tent, designed to fit the stock" Jeep Liberty, will still fit properly with a lift and bigger tires? In particular, the 4" lift and 32" tires.

Author:  2006 KJ [ Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:18 pm ]
Post subject: 

i'm not sure but i've been thinking the same thing.... that means you should try it just to make sure :)

Author:  JL Rockies [ Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

I don't think it makes a difference. It looks like the attachment point is essentially a big nylon sock.

Author:  2006 KJ [ Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:37 pm ]
Post subject: 

the thing i've been wondering about with these "jeep" tents that attach to the KJ... is that bugs and insects/small animals have a easy way in since it doesnt completely seal...

Author:  RAYMAN975 [ Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

yea you go to drive your jeep somewhere the morning after and OMG!!! haha :lol:

Author:  DryBones [ Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

just get a real tent and an easy up awning thing to put between your tent and the Jeep. Do you really need to get into the Jeep from the tent? :lol:

Author:  scoobysnax [ Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:01 pm ]
Post subject: 

I have it and it should fit OK. Only issue might be in the rain with the different slope of the roof of the tent. But the tires won't be a problem. However, if I did it over again I'd just get a regular tent. It's cool looking and says JEEP on it but other than that basically cheap and a PIA to put up. As for the bugs there is a seperate door you can close near the jeep end of the tent but the person between the jeep and the door may get some bugs. It does have a LOT of room, I will give it that. 4 guys (all 6'+) was no problem in the main room. If we had it set up to the jeep we could have fit one more in the extra room that is created. If you realy wanted to you could fit 5 in the main room and 2 in the portion that sets up to the jeep but that would be tight. You can only use the extra portion if it's set up to the jeep otherwise it's only good to just keep you packs stored in that section.

Author:  kelticknight [ Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:28 pm ]
Post subject: 

saw one on eaby,but think regular one would be better

Author:  Tokyojoe [ Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:53 pm ]
Post subject: 

I was looking at that KJ tent that was posted on Craigslist in Columbus, Ohio - someone posted the link in the For Sale section.

For $150 and possible never used....sounds like it is still worth it. Can you close the KJ up with the tent attached? Keep the bugs out. The access area is obviously for keeping gear handy and quick acees to the KJ. I would not buy it if you couldn't close up the KJ while attached.

Author:  Skyjump136 [ Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:53 pm ]
Post subject: 

David,

I have one. It will work. And I am willing to part with it. Used twice. Let me know...say $100?

Author:  Guest [ Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:56 pm ]
Post subject: 

RAYMAN975 wrote:
yea you go to drive your jeep somewhere the morning after and OMG!!! haha :lol:


lol. yeah, you go to drive your jeep and this happens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTLcZ1BCmms

Author:  Tokyojoe [ Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:09 am ]
Post subject: 

One of my all time favorite commericals. Wish the KJ had that sliding roof. I think my major design change will be the convertible KJ after it is paid off and I save a little.

Author:  kelticknight [ Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:48 am ]
Post subject: 

icarl wrote:
RAYMAN975 wrote:
yea you go to drive your jeep somewhere the morning after and OMG!!! haha :lol:


lol. yeah, you go to drive your jeep and this happens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTLcZ1BCmms


funny video doe

Author:  JDaPP [ Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:03 pm ]
Post subject: 

I have had 2 of these types of tents (one jeep and one by Sportz). Bugs and rain can get in, however I had very little problem with either (that being said I have not been in a high bug concentration area) and it has to be raining pretty hard for the rain to overcome sleeve and I put a towel where the roof and tent meet which solved the problem (you can zip up the exit to the sleeve and then there will be no issues) .
The Jeep tent is very big with lots of room, does zip up between vehicle sock and tent, you can leave tailgate open, can be a pain to setup (I find most tents are, this one is usally a 2 man job), and you don't have to attach it to the vehicle. I have one because the wife and I will sleep in the vehicle when it gets a too cold (have been snowed on a couple of times) and it is nice to be able to undress and get straight into the vehicle. My wife did not care for camping, but this has changed her mind and she does not mind as much due to the conveinece. The attaching to the vehicle takes a couple of minutes each time, but we usually unhook in the morning and hook it back up right before night fall. There are better tents out there but the nice thing is that if you don't want to hook it up you don't have too and it functions as a regular tent, with the option if you need it.
All that said if you don't care about interior room I would look at the Sportz SUV tent. I thought it was a better tent, was cheaper, and was much easier to setup (1 man job), additionally the vehicle sleeve zips off pretty easy. It is about 2/3rds the size and that is the only reason we (wife made me) decided to buy the bigger one.
Bottom line if you can get the jeep tent for $160-$190ish I say it is a good deal, if you pay list price, not so much.
Joe

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/