LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

trans. slip
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4004
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Myke [ Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:23 pm ]
Post subject:  trans. slip

for some reason only when its really cold out my trans slips a lil until it warms up. once its warm good as new.

Author:  Eddo [ Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:14 pm ]
Post subject: 

Mine seems to do it a tad when cold and shift a little hard the first couple shifts. But that is when it is 20 degrees outside and the jeep has been sitting for hours. I found that if you just let it idle in Drive or Reverse for about 20-30 seconds before moving off it dosen't do it.

Author:  DaveKJ02 [ Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:00 pm ]
Post subject: 

I'm no expert, but I do know ATF fluid expands and contracts with temperature. Maybe it's getting cold enough where the fluid contracts so it runs like it's low on volume until it warms up. Just a thought...er guess.

Author:  Ricky5 [ Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:03 pm ]
Post subject: 

Mine does the same thing and it's annoying as *&%! It's done it since I bought it. It will do it until it warms to normal operating temp.

Author:  Eddo [ Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:38 am ]
Post subject: 

Don't feel too bad. My old Cherokee would slip so bad when cold that it would barely move and you would swear it was in neutral. Once it got up to tempature no problems. I was told once that it if it sits for a while the torque converter drains some fluid and when it is really cold it take the pump a bit get eveything up to pressure.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/