| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Is there a good clear protective covering for stickers? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40469 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | sandracer [ Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:48 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Is there a good clear protective covering for stickers? |
I was recently given a sticker from my gold prospecting club. I'd like to put it in the back window but have a few concerns. The factory tint on the glass is too dark to let the sticker show up well if I was to mount it on the inside using clear tape as a backing. The sticker was meant for outside-the-glass use but is on a paper base. I doubt it would hold up very long to the elements. Does anyone know of a clear covering I could use to affix and protect the sticker? Thanks, Paul |
|
| Author: | 0311_DoC [ Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I would just get some clear laminate or clear shipping tape.. |
|
| Author: | sandracer [ Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:41 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I have clear packing tape but I doubt that it would hold up to the elements for very long. I suppose what I'm looking for is some type of laminate but I just don't know where to find it. |
|
| Author: | 0311_DoC [ Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
sandracer wrote: I have clear packing tape but I doubt that it would hold up to the elements for very long. I suppose what I'm looking for is some type of laminate but I just don't know where to find it.
im sure office max or the like has that stuff |
|
| Author: | blue94yj [ Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I don't know if this anwsers your question but when I had a YJ the inspection sticker on the inside of the windshield used to always get wet and peel off because I did run a top most of the time. I found that if I put clear packing tape over it that sholved the problem. So it might yours as well. Charlie |
|
| Author: | lionseye640 [ Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
You could try using contact paper. That's what my brother has used in the past to help protect stickers on vehicles. |
|
| Author: | sandracer [ Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Thanks folks. I bombed out at Staples. I'll go ahead and give the packing tape a try. Have lots of it left over from our Ebay days. |
|
| Author: | KeswickDave [ Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:51 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I wonder if the vinyl that they make decals with comes in clear? Maybe check with a sign shop if the packing tape doesn't work out |
|
| Author: | mikes07kj [ Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:11 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Clear duct tape. |
|
| Author: | BjBnet [ Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
you're kidding right? Even if you cover it, water will get in between....even with the laminate stuff water gets in. |
|
| Author: | sandracer [ Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:24 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
mikes07kj wrote: Clear duct tape.
Sounds just like something my youngest son would say. Does this mean that you, too........... have "The Knack"? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmYDgncMhXw |
|
| Author: | cmohr [ Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Go to a copy place, get them to scan it and print it on a Poly label material, then laminate that, put it on the car. Keep your good original copy safe at home.. |
|
| Author: | mikes07kj [ Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
sandracer wrote: mikes07kj wrote: Clear duct tape. Sounds just like something my youngest son would say. Does this mean that you, too........... have "The Knack"? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmYDgncMhXw You should have seen my daugther when she discovered what a screw driver was used for. Every light switch cover and outlet cover in the house had a screw missing. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|