LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Paint the "LIBERTY" on the side molding
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40556
Page 1 of 1

Author:  riptricket [ Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Paint the "LIBERTY" on the side molding

I am wandering how I would go about painting the "LIBERTY" letters on the side molding on the front doors.
I have a silver KJ and the molding is dark grey/blackish, so would the silver look good in the "LIBERTY"?

Thanks!

Author:  snowsport [ Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

Probably going to end up being just careful hand-painting with a fine brush. Might be easier if you could take the panel off the door and paint it on the kitchen table...not sure how hard it is getting that moulding off though, or putting it back on. Just be sure to prep the letters good first to get off wax, etc. But it would look very cool, IMO.

Author:  KJ kyle [ Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

just lay some tape over it, and cut around the letters with a razor blade..

Author:  DryBones [ Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

I have a limited so the whole side strip is "chrome". I got a touch up bottle of Dark Khaki from the dealer to match the body color. It came with a brush/lid like you use to get with White-Out. I painted both sides in with 1 bottle and had plenty to spare.

Image

Author:  daspes [ Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

I painted mine. I used a sponge dipped in the paint and then pressed it over the "liberty" to get the same depth of paint on it.

Not the best pics but...
Image
Image

Author:  Sir Sam [ Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:49 pm ]
Post subject: 

daspes wrote:
I painted mine. I used a sponge dipped in the paint and then pressed it over the "liberty" to get the same depth of paint on it.

Not the best pics but...
Image
Image


While I don't like the Wheels I do LOVE the black trim. I just think the grey trim looks like crap, the black trim gives nice contrast.

Author:  KJ Taz [ Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:30 pm ]
Post subject: 

Both of those look nice!

Author:  ChiroKJ [ Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:14 pm ]
Post subject: 

daspes what size tires are you running? are those 15'' wheels?

Author:  daspes [ Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

ChiroKJ wrote:
daspes what size tires are you running? are those 15'' wheels?


265/75R16's

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/