LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Removing headliner...
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=41196
Page 1 of 1

Author:  riptricket [ Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Removing headliner...

How Do I do it?
I know I need to take off all the plastic pieces that hold it up, but is it glued on or anything?

I will be taking it off this week b/c I am finally on spring break and I really want my CB working again, so I am going to try and put the coax thru the renny lightbar area...

Thanks!

Author:  jsc7002 [ Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

yeah thats about it, mine wasnt glued to anything that I can remember.

Author:  SNAFU [ Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Removing headliner...

riptricket wrote:
How Do I do it?
I know I need to take off all the plastic pieces that hold it up, but is it glued on or anything?

I will be taking it off this week b/c I am finally on spring break and I really want my CB working again, so I am going to try and put the coax thru the renny lightbar area...

Thanks!


I really hate to necro a post, but i did not find what i was looking for.

What exactly is all the plastic piece?

I, like many, want to remove the headliner to run a cb cable threw to the dash (and hide the cable).

I have read a few (searched headliner) posts didn't find what i needed so started anyway.

Front side molding with the bars is easy to take off ( i have an 07 sport btw) i started on the back 2 bars (we all use for dry cleaning) and popped some pieces out, they are still attached and there is no screw or any visible way to take em off.

I stoped so i am asking. how exactly does this come off, i want to completely remove the headliner so i can snake the antenna cable how i like.

The best i can tell it looks like i need to remove ALL the plastic inside and i mean all, to remove the headliner, base plate to remove the seat belt buckel plastic piece to remove the headliner etc.

Please tell me i'm wrong :). The handles in the back how do they remove exactly, do they remove or are the attached to the liner.

The lights front and back look clip on but i never got to them, I could not find a through walk threw, One guy seemed to have one but all his pictures were erased ( old post).

The back as well looked like it needed to be removed, (upper and sides) is it all clip on. i hate to break a piece and the stealealer charge me 120 bucks for a molded piece of plastic. If anyone can shed light on these things it would help. i hope to do some or all of it tommorow after work in prep for the cb coming later this week or early next week at the latest.

Lol thought i may want to communicate with some of you animals on the trail.

Author:  icarl [ Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Removing headliner...

riptricket wrote:
How Do I do it?
I know I need to take off all the plastic pieces that hold it up, but is it glued on or anything?


jsc7002 wrote:
yeah thats about it, mine wasnt glued to anything that I can remember.


SNAFU wrote:
What exactly is all the plastic piece?

The best i can tell it looks like i need to remove ALL the plastic inside and i mean all, to remove the headliner, base plate to remove the seat belt buckel plastic piece to remove the headliner etc.

Please tell me i'm wrong :).


you're wrong. :wink: :?

Yeah, I think they mean the plastic pieces/panels that hold it up all around. However, when I ran my satellite radio cable I was able to snake it around without taking the headliner off. You can tuck it along the sides underneath it since there is enough play there to fit it in.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/