| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Can you tell me what is wrong?? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=41331 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | MudE_KJ_Girl06 [ Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:18 am ] |
| Post subject: | Can you tell me what is wrong?? |
I have a 2006 Liberty Limited 4x4... about 3 months ago I was driving down the road and all of a sudden I heard a ding and all my dash lights came on. (it's like when your car dies and all the dash lights come on... but it doesn't actually die) so I took it to the dealership. As always, they said everything was fixed (the service guy said they went through their system and found one other liberty with the same problem and did a reset). Well, not even a week later the same thing happened. Took it in again.. you get the point. I hadn't had any problems with it until the other day and it happened AGAIN. I'm so irritated that no one knows what the problem is so I thought I'd see if anyone has had this problem or has some ideas??? |
|
| Author: | KJ kyle [ Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:20 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
someone else had this problem not long ago, and they were told it was a "PCM glitch." my guess is something is wrong inside the computer, and that may need to be replaced. |
|
| Author: | kskj [ Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
ICT kansas ? Were in kansas are you. ICT is Mid content airport in wichita. |
|
| Author: | Diggerfreek [ Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
some of the 07 nitros have the same problem, but he car will die. It has happened to some people while going 60+. It has to do with the programing of the pcm |
|
| Author: | wheeee32 [ Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:46 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Does the PCM have be replaced or just re-programmed? |
|
| Author: | Maximum Carnage [ Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:43 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
wheeee32 wrote: Does the PCM have be replaced or just re-programmed?
I'd try to re-program it first, I've never heard of one actually being replaced if it's still "working". |
|
| Author: | Straight6Jeff [ Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
My 05 did the saqme thing. Turns out the passenger seat air bag wiring was chaffed and cut by the seat rails. Easy enough fix to cut out the damaged wires and solder in a couple of new wires. Oh yeah, and reroute the wires away from teh seat rail. Yep, this was the culprit. I drove mine at 65 mph, for two hours with no guages, speedo, and the entire dash looking like a Christmas tree. Now, I know the comment will come up that if I had no speedo, how did I know how fst I was going...I had the cruise set at 65 when it happened, and did not disengage until I got off the highway. |
|
| Author: | ReneDave [ Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:11 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
The same thing started happening to my '06 Liberty after I switched in a new-to-me EVIC - I went from an '03 to an '05 to get temperature display working. I'm going to pull the wiring connections I made for the EVIC and double-check them. Any advice how to pull the pins out of the OBD connector so I can shrink wrap the connections this time? If that doesn't do the trick I'm swapping back in the old EVIC to see if that fixes it. I've noticed that each time it's happened something I did set it off - once when I was resetting the mileage in the EVIC, once when flipping on my high beams, and once while hitting the brakes. For better or worse the problem only pops up every two weeks or so, each time when I was away from home, and fixes itself after the Jeep is off long enough for the headlights to auto-shutoff. It's a relief when it stops, but it does make it more difficult to troubleshoot. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|