LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Summer gas already?!
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42034
Page 1 of 1

Author:  johnb [ Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:00 am ]
Post subject:  Summer gas already?!

Just tanked up at the place I normally do here south of Denver - same grade and whatnot - but the KK is running way better than usual. Both down here and up at the house (5300' and 9600'). Can't think of anything else it would be... Just passed 26K miles - 2K miles since the last oil change. Dunno... What do you guys think?

Author:  Sport [ Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:18 am ]
Post subject: 

my mpg has increased which is a good thing since my foot has been getting heavy on the pedal lately. :)

Author:  jeepkj02 [ Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:21 am ]
Post subject: 

Has the temperature gone up recently? Colder temps also hurt MPGs. I just wish I could find a gas station that doesn't sell E10.

Author:  johnb [ Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:43 am ]
Post subject: 

jeepkj02 wrote:
Has the temperature gone up recently? Colder temps also hurt MPGs. I just wish I could find a gas station that doesn't sell E10.


Not really... It's been pretty mild all winter. It got cold for a couple of days, but that would have been the test, not the control.

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:11 am ]
Post subject: 

My jeep got REEEALLLLY excited a few weeks ago on one of the first warm days we had for several months

it was chirpin tires and growlin at other cars and acting like it actually preferred to run 85 instead of 65

then it got over it

it only hit 60 the next day

Author:  trailman [ Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:05 pm ]
Post subject: 

Not sure if it's the gas or what. I just had my jeep out of commission for three days with the front end apart.(took out the franky poly spacers) The battery was out as well. When I put it back together and started it, some white smoke briefly came out of the exhaust and it was running like a beast. I took it for a drive and it seemed like it had way more power than normal. I figured it could be one of three things: A) The computer is relearning, B) Gas (I had just filled it up prior to disassembly) or C) I had just gotten used to my wife's 4 banger Honda. I guess it could be a combination of all three. All I know is that I like it. :)

Author:  tommudd [ Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

It seems as if when you do have the battery disconnected for a while it does run better or something while it is relearning. but could of been like you stated combo of all three.

Tom

Author:  STINGN [ Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:04 am ]
Post subject: 

yellocoyote wrote:
I haven't noticed a difference here yet. :? I wish it would change soon though.


no kidding chicago is being brutal right now, today was alright tho

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:55 am ]
Post subject: 

shame we couldn't have muscle jeeps just by installing a rv style battery disconnect

Author:  Ms5490renegade [ Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:50 pm ]
Post subject: 

my jeep was getting loud and fast for a few days but we had some snow and now it seems sluggish again

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/