LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

R-134a charge?
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42138
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Jeep Dawg [ Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:56 am ]
Post subject:  R-134a charge?

Firstg off, DOES ANY ONE WANT TO DO THIS FOR ME?
I am getting ready to replace my compressor and accumelator.

(Before this gets into a you should/should have replys I am A Universal CFC technician. And I have done this before on LARGE systems. I have never charged a Jeep system before.)

I was looking at my FSM and it does not say the charge for the A/C system. I have not looked at the hood and door decals yet.

Author:  Diggerfreek [ Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:48 pm ]
Post subject: 

The only place as you side that is going to show you the charge is the VECI sticker

Author:  Jeep Dawg [ Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

Yea as soon as I opened the hood I saw the R-134a service sticker. I never noticed it before. Well then again, I never had a need to look for it.


Well all said is done. I rerplace the accum and comp and fixed orf. Drew a deep HG VAC and leak tested. Charged and now I am ready for wheeling agian........

Oh yea, while the motor was open I decided to change my plugs. It was easyer when the air intake is out of the way........

Thank got I have some good HVAC tools. other wise an auto A/C shope would have raped me.

Author:  rt_power [ Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:48 pm ]
Post subject: 

jeep dawg. what was the reason for changing out so many parts???

Author:  Diggerfreek [ Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:50 pm ]
Post subject: 

well of coarse he had to replace the compressor but once you open the system, you need to replace the accumulator/ dryer and I would imagine that he did the orifice since the compressor grenaded

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:11 pm ]
Post subject: 

Yep anytime you replace the A/C compressor you must also replace the receiver/dryer(accumulator) and the orifice tube(reed valve or expansion valve,depends on what your system uses) otherwise it will void any warranty on the compressor and will make the new compressor fail real fast.

Author:  rt_power [ Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

ok i get replacing the drier, that is just a common code of practice in any ac system when replacing the compressor. is replacing the metering device an insurance policy for the compressor manufacture to guaranty that the compressor failure was not a underlying cause to something else in the system??? and a side note. what type of metering device are the KJ using??

Author:  Jeep Dawg [ Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:06 am ]
Post subject: 

Diggerfreek wrote:
well of coarse he had to replace the compressor but once you open the system, you need to replace the accumulator/ dryer and I would imagine that he did the orifice since the compressor grenaded



You got it.
I had a Compressor burn out. Once this happends, you have to replace the other compoents like Accum/Dryer fixed orifice because of comtaminates in the system now (ACID).

If you only replace the compressor and if it burns out again in a few weeks or months, the company will not warranty against it with out proof of you replacing everything else.



I bought a complete compressor kit from a guy on ebay for $289.37
This was not a reman nor was it refurb. It was NEW and it came with the accum, compressor, fixed orifice, comp oil and all of the fittings and o-rings.

MOPAR PRICE ---------> :-)r
$1,042.72
Ebay price
$289.37

you do the math.

I had alot of beer money left over

Author:  TnRebel [ Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:01 am ]
Post subject: 

I bought a complete compressor kit from a guy on ebay for $289.37
This was not a reman nor was it refurb. It was NEW and it came with the accum, compressor, fixed orifice, comp oil and all of the fittings and o-rings.


The same kit from my stealer was $599.00 so you got for about half or wholesale good deal , it pays to check around .

Author:  Jeep Dawg [ Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:23 am ]
Post subject: 

TnRebel wrote:
I bought a complete compressor kit from a guy on ebay for $289.37
This was not a reman nor was it refurb. It was NEW and it came with the accum, compressor, fixed orifice, comp oil and all of the fittings and o-rings.


The same kit from my stealer was $599.00 so you got for about half or wholesale good deal , it pays to check around .


The Dealer give you a 1 year and xxx miles warranty. The one I got was a 3 year unlimited mile warranty. Also to add that I left out of my post, the kit also came with the new suction line with orfice and an extera orifice.

The $599.00 is just for the Compressor. Add the labor and EPA fees are extra. My Dealer gave me the total job cost. Good thing is that I know how to do this type of repairs.

BOTTOM LINE like you said, SHOP AROUND!

Author:  rt_power [ Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

got to love being able to do something that would have cost normal Jo public 1000 only cost you 300 and a few hours oh ya can for get a couple of beers :lol: :lol:

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/