LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

rear illumination
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42259
Page 1 of 1

Author:  jerbacher [ Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:42 pm ]
Post subject:  rear illumination

I'd like to add some rear illumination, but not in the way everyone else does. I'm not concerned about using them as reverse lights, I just want to light the area behind the Jeep for setting up camp etc. What I'm thinking are some smallish LED lights mounted on the interior roof just in front of the black plastic trim up there or actually on the trim. I would like to be able to aim them, probably just vertically, no need to swivel.

My ideal vision is a rectangular LED light that is fairly thin and has a hinge to allow it to fold up flat against the roof or swing down into the opening and light up the area.

Ive looked around but I think someone on here might have a better idea of where to find something like this.

Here's what I've found so far that is sort of like what I'm looking for, but not quite:
http://www.vehiclelight.com/0185000.html
http://stores.channeladvisor.com/closertowholesale/Items/007-49b-55?&caSKU=007-49b-55&caTitle=55W%20RV%20Cargo%20Enclosed%20Trailer%20Work%20Ramp%20Halogen%20Lights

Author:  tommudd [ Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:03 pm ]
Post subject: 

www.4statetrucks.com
has some back up lights that may work for you ,
oval with 13 diodes , PN# TLEDOBMW
also have
4 inch round ones with 19 diodes PN# TLED4W ,

would not be hard to make a backing plate with a hinge on it

Author:  meh_kick [ Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:29 am ]
Post subject: 

I bought a cheap set of rectangular fogs from walmart for $15 and bolted them to my roof basket. With the supplied switch powered through the fuse panel in the door, you can power the lights with the jeep on or off. I use them all the time when I'm out at night: camping, working, hauling band gear, etc.

If you make it to the Rally, I'll show you the set up.

Author:  jerbacher [ Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:46 am ]
Post subject: 

meh_kick wrote:
I bought a cheap set of rectangular fogs from walmart for $15 and bolted them to my roof basket. With the supplied switch powered through the fuse panel in the door, you can power the lights with the jeep on or off. I use them all the time when I'm out at night: camping, working, hauling band gear, etc.

If you make it to the Rally, I'll show you the set up.


cool, thanks. I plan on being there!

Author:  jerbacher [ Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:53 am ]
Post subject: 

See, what I dont like about having them above the door on a rack or something is the fact that the glass will block the light when the door is open, and when the door is open is probably when I want to be using them most. This is why I'm thinking of the interior roof for mounting.

Author:  meh_kick [ Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:18 pm ]
Post subject: 

I gotcha. But there's not that much difference with the glass in the way. It's good shade for my eyes though so I don't go staring directly at them when I'm getting stuff out of the back.

Author:  jerbacher [ Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

meh_kick wrote:
I gotcha. But there's not that much difference with the glass in the way. It's good shade for my eyes though so I don't go staring directly at them when I'm getting stuff out of the back.


Good point for sure! I didnt really think about getting BLINDED by them!

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/