| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| SUPER 44 http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42440 |
Page 1 of 6 |
| Author: | riptricket [ Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:30 am ] |
| Post subject: | SUPER 44 |
My birthday is today!!! yay me! I have decided that I am going to get a new muffler for my KJ. Flowmaster is my choice, but having trouble narrowing it down. I want an aggresive sound and deep... here is what I have to choose from... 1) Super 44 2)Stainless Steel Super 44 3)Extreme Offroad |
|
| Author: | 03CDKJ [ Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:40 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Happy B-day! and Extreme Off Road... |
|
| Author: | riptricket [ Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:42 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Thanks... Reasons why the extreme? |
|
| Author: | riptricket [ Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:44 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Is it called the super 44? |
|
| Author: | 03CDKJ [ Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:49 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
riptricket wrote: Thanks...
Reasons why the extreme? No reason... in particular.... |
|
| Author: | Diggerfreek [ Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:59 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Happy B day... I have a Super 44 OR And I love it... the OR is like the Extreme Offroad one ( might be the same) |
|
| Author: | SNAFU [ Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:30 am ] |
| Post subject: | ,,, |
Happy Birthday you jive turkey! |
|
| Author: | JeepinJarhead03 [ Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:19 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
i'd go with the extreme OR or whichever one has the diamond plating for 2 reasons 1 - maybe it'll slow down the darn rust holes 2 - maybe it'll slow down the darn rust holes and give you somethin cool to look at while relaxing under your jeep while lazily doin services happy birthday, what ya buyin me |
|
| Author: | SweepnChoke [ Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I have the super44 OR, pretty happy with it, but since I leave for work at 5am, I don't think my neighbours like it very much. |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:58 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
They are all about the same, I have a Flo-Pro which is a Flowmaster knock off that I had installed for less than 60 bucks, I used to run Flowmasters on everything but unless you are running a 427 CID/435 horse not much difference in any of them. Mines been on for over 4 years , been hit and beat and still good/ no rust. So unless you just want to say I have a Flowmaster ........ |
|
| Author: | loganbrumm [ Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I'm looking into the off-road They're all the same price, and it looks to be a little tougher. Love that rumble. |
|
| Author: | KJ kyle [ Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:54 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
dont forget that cool sticker you get with flow masters! i got the flowmaster 40 series for free, but i probably would have gone with the muffler troy is running, if i were to buy one. |
|
| Author: | jeepkj02 [ Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:55 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I got the Super 44 OR (diamond-plated) and love the sound every time I step on the gas!! Never get tired of it!! |
|
| Author: | Robbrez [ Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:03 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
i would go with the super 44 (black one without diamond plate) just because im not worried about hitting it on rocks and the website says that it Quote: provide superior reductions in exterior sound levels and resonance, which are transmitted through the exhaust system and into the vehicle. and because i want the loudest one possible and the diamond plate one quiets it down a little bit
|
|
| Author: | oddball [ Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Happy Birthday! Oh and go with the Super 44 Off Road (p/n 942547OR). |
|
| Author: | KW AV8R [ Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:21 am ] |
| Post subject: | Happy Birthday |
If I were to choose from those three, I would definitely go with the diamond plate one ... I've seen too many mufflers get crushed out here in the Rockies (one to only 3 inches thick |
|
| Author: | loganbrumm [ Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
tommudd wrote: They are all about the same, I have a Flo-Pro which is a Flowmaster knock off that I had installed for less than 60 bucks, I used to run Flowmasters on everything but unless you are running a 427 CID/435 horse not much difference in any of them.
Mines been on for over 4 years , been hit and beat and still good/ no rust. So unless you just want to say I have a Flowmaster ........ Which one did you get from Flo-Pro? Novice here - what size does the 04 use? And... Where did you get it installed? THANKS! |
|
| Author: | riptricket [ Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:16 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
will the diamond plate one really knock down the loudness? |
|
| Author: | Luke09 [ Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:15 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Happy belated B Day! Cheers, |
|
| Author: | SweepnChoke [ Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:02 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
riptricket wrote: will the diamond plate one really knock down the loudness?
I doubt it, according to their chart the OR and non OR have the same sound/level. I have the OR and it is definately loud, can't say I would want it any louder. |
|
| Page 1 of 6 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|