| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Fuel tank http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45722 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | jeepmedic46 [ Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:17 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Fuel tank |
I would like to put a bigger fuel tank in. I was wondering if any one has done this and if any one has any recomendations on size and where to get one? |
|
| Author: | Cobalt-60 [ Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Fuel tank |
icefisher45 wrote: I would like to put a bigger fuel tank in. I was wondering if any one has done this and if any one has any recomendations on size and where to get one?
What year is yours? |
|
| Author: | tjkj2002 [ Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
$650 for 2 extra gallons(if you have a '02) is not really worth it. |
|
| Author: | jeepmedic46 [ Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:41 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I have a 04 Sport. |
|
| Author: | Cobalt-60 [ Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:50 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
icefisher45 wrote: I have a 04 Sport.
Then I believe you are SOL, unless as Troy suggests you get a tank for a 2005-2007 (20.5 gal.) The 2002-2003s had a 18.5 gal. tank while the 2004 had a 19.5 gal tank. I wouldn't pay $650 just to increase my capacity by 1 gallon... |
|
| Author: | jeepmedic46 [ Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I guess i'm sol, Sugestions on mounting Jerry cans? |
|
| Author: | JMSMN [ Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:24 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Rock lizard rear bumper with jerry can attachment. Very nice looking bumper. |
|
| Author: | Cobalt-60 [ Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:27 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
icefisher45 wrote: I guess i'm sol, Sugestions on mounting Jerry cans?
Check the following threads: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=2004 http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=19328 |
|
| Author: | jeepmedic46 [ Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:38 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I do like the RL bumper but I don't have the money for that bumper. |
|
| Author: | JMSMN [ Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:02 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Rock lizard rear bumper with jerry can attachment. Very nice looking bumper. |
|
| Author: | jeepmedic46 [ Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:06 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
That it is a very good looking bumper. |
|
| Author: | Cobalt-60 [ Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:32 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
This "might" work: http://www.offroadunlimited.com/orustore/PC/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=1348&idproduct=10498 Of course, it "might" also add too much weight and rip your spare tire right off the rear door the first time you hit a bump.... |
|
| Author: | jeepmedic46 [ Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:51 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Thank you for that site. That might work. |
|
| Author: | ihatemybike [ Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:29 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Would 30.3 Gallons (115 Liters) be enough? Long Range Automotive It's an Australian Company, so it's listed as a Cherokee Sport KJ. According to this thread the cost was $1050 AUD, which is about $880 USD. http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... light=tank Weight is 88 lbs (40 kg). |
|
| Author: | STINGN [ Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
omg, "hey dose anybody want to drive to China?" |
|
| Author: | jeepmedic46 [ Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
30.3 gallons should be enough. Thank you for that link. What do you think the cost would be to ship it to the states would be? |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:45 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
need tocheck the size of any aftermarket tank, you know it will have to be larger and the only way to do that and make it fit would be to make it deeper, so now you have a tank that is 4 to 5 inches deeper, hanging down to catch more things. Then you will need heavy duty springs to hold the extra weight all of the time. I would go with 2- 5 gallon cans on a roof rack or some of the new flat gas cans which are 2 to 3 inches think, strap them on top and when you need them there they are. Would not have the extra weight everyday |
|
| Author: | ihatemybike [ Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
icefisher45 wrote: Thank you for that link. What do you think the cost would be to ship it to the states would be?
I just popped a bunch of info into UPS's cost calculator. Cheapest was $762. |
|
| Author: | CRD Joe [ Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Some time ago I bought an Opposite Locke 50 gallon tank for my Land Cruiser. It cost as much to ship it as it did to purchase it! |
|
| Author: | jeepmedic46 [ Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:30 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I think I'm going to take Toms advice and go with a couple of cans to my rack when I get one. |
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|