It is currently Wed Oct 07, 2026 7:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Can you tell me what is wrong??
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:18 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:17 am
Posts: 1
Location: Wichita, Kansas
I have a 2006 Liberty Limited 4x4... about 3 months ago I was driving down the road and all of a sudden I heard a ding and all my dash lights came on. (it's like when your car dies and all the dash lights come on... but it doesn't actually die) so I took it to the dealership. As always, they said everything was fixed (the service guy said they went through their system and found one other liberty with the same problem and did a reset). Well, not even a week later the same thing happened. Took it in again.. you get the point. I hadn't had any problems with it until the other day and it happened AGAIN. I'm so irritated that no one knows what the problem is so I thought I'd see if anyone has had this problem or has some ideas??? :D Thanks!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:20 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:38 pm
Posts: 785
Location: watervliet MI
someone else had this problem not long ago, and they were told it was a "PCM glitch." my guess is something is wrong inside the computer, and that may need to be replaced.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:22 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:27 pm
Posts: 2003
Location: valley center, ks
ICT kansas ? Were in kansas are you. ICT is Mid content airport in wichita.

_________________
2003 KJ Renegade, 5 speed, frankenlifted,Al's a Arms 4.5,Moabs 245/75/16 BFG KM2's, custom rock rails, full Mopar skids, Hella ff220 lights,Hd cooling,Front DTT,Riddler diff cover,Rola safari rack,Cobra 29 peaked & tuned.

Pastafari Alum, Pink shovel recipient


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:26 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:28 am
Posts: 10686
Location: Some where in Colorado
some of the 07 nitros have the same problem, but he car will die. It has happened to some people while going 60+. It has to do with the programing of the pcm

_________________
2008 KK Liberty Sport NIGHT OPS EDITION + GILLS
OEM & Custom Skids - Factory Tow Package - Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
Prototype JBA 4 Inch Lift - JBA UCA's - Flowmaster Super 44 OR - Whacked Resonator
Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:46 am 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:10 am
Posts: 643
Location: Virginia Beach
Does the PCM have be replaced or just re-programmed?

_________________
Originally Posted by m_volyrakis
"I recently removed my girlfriend.
Although this mode didn't affect my ground clearance, it drastically improved my off-road capabilities!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:43 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:09 pm
Posts: 1297
Location: Minneapolis, MN
wheeee32 wrote:
Does the PCM have be replaced or just re-programmed?


I'd try to re-program it first, I've never heard of one actually being replaced if it's still "working".

_________________
"I'm the guy who does his job, you must be the other guy"
02 Black UNlimited Edition 4X4 Select Trac Liberty Towing/Off Road Packages 245/75/16 on black Moabs
RL diff cover/Super Skink sliders, Rusty's 2.5" Coil Lift w/ clevis lift, Roof basket W/Hella FF75...
On the prowl for an M416/M101/M100 trailer
L.O.S.T. Member 2877


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:42 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:09 am
Posts: 87
Location: Concord, MA
My 05 did the saqme thing. Turns out the passenger seat air bag wiring was chaffed and cut by the seat rails. Easy enough fix to cut out the damaged wires and solder in a couple of new wires. Oh yeah, and reroute the wires away from teh seat rail.

Yep, this was the culprit.

I drove mine at 65 mph, for two hours with no guages, speedo, and the entire dash looking like a Christmas tree. Now, I know the comment will come up that if I had no speedo, how did I know how fst I was going...I had the cruise set at 65 when it happened, and did not disengage until I got off the highway.

_________________
05 Liberty Rocky Mtn.
02 Renny...Traded for 2010 F150, 8200 GVWR, Plow prep, Max tow
1983 Husq. Model 61, modded
Husq 335 XPT, trail saw, modded


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:11 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:40 pm
Posts: 63
Location: Annapolis, MD
The same thing started happening to my '06 Liberty after I switched in a new-to-me EVIC - I went from an '03 to an '05 to get temperature display working. I'm going to pull the wiring connections I made for the EVIC and double-check them. Any advice how to pull the pins out of the OBD connector so I can shrink wrap the connections this time? If that doesn't do the trick I'm swapping back in the old EVIC to see if that fixes it.

I've noticed that each time it's happened something I did set it off - once when I was resetting the mileage in the EVIC, once when flipping on my high beams, and once while hitting the brakes. For better or worse the problem only pops up every two weeks or so, each time when I was away from home, and fixes itself after the Jeep is off long enough for the headlights to auto-shutoff. It's a relief when it stops, but it does make it more difficult to troubleshoot.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com