LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Check Tire Light On
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45861
Page 1 of 1

Author:  QuestMan [ Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Check Tire Light On

Hmm......The tire light with an exclamation point keeps popping up, periodically, but I can't find a reason why. I've checked the pressures on all 4 tires and the spare, and they're all good. Is there anything else that I would cause the light to come on? :shock:

Author:  dirt pig [ Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:01 am ]
Post subject: 

I notice you have a 2004 model.
It could be that the battery in one of the wheel sensors has gone flat.
I wonder what the battery life is. Anyone have an idea?

Author:  Quicksilversurf917 [ Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:56 am ]
Post subject: 

The TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) sucks! I have had 3 go out do far and I have a fourth doing the same thing as you Questman. And the worst part is the sensors are like 80$ a piece. So its not worth it anymore for me to go out and buy a new one if my tire isn't flat. But I just let it go. But just make sure like before u leave anywhere that ur tire isn't like noticeably flat just for pre-caution

Author:  QuestMan [ Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:55 pm ]
Post subject: 

Quote:
But just make sure like before u leave anywhere that ur tire isn't like noticeably flat just for pre-caution


No sweat. That's what my CO2 tank is for. :D It's just annoying, and I wanted to make sure there wasn't something worse happening. So far, since Friday, I've replaced the rear brakes and calipers, one of the coil packs, then found out the lbjs are bad again, and now the tie rods are 'not in the best shape'. :?

For the last two years, Libby gets cranky just about every August. :roll: I think, with just over 90k, she's trying to quietly tell me she's NOT as young as she used to be. Maybe I should just baby her with a little extra carnauba on her hood, and a warm bottle of Amsoil for her tummy.
(Then pray nothing ELSE falls apart) :shock:

Seriously, I'll keep a check on the tire pressures, just to be safe. As for the battery life of those TPMS, I'm curious how long they last too. Replacing them gets a little expensive.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/