| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Question about rocker skids http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45899 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | CRD Joe [ Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:10 am ] |
| Post subject: | Question about rocker skids |
Ok I have an '05 CRD. Along the bottom of the rocker panel is a long singular piece of plastic that connects the two side fender flares. Does that piece come off when rocker skids are installed or can you leave it in place? Ive noticed that earlier KJ's had little fender extension pieces that brother the line of the fender all the way down. They dont seem to have had that long horizontal piece like mine does. I was thinking about taking that piece off and Rhino-ing the lower side of the truck. Thanks for the help. Tom |
|
| Author: | daspes [ Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:25 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
It can stay on with the installation of rock sliders. There are just a few areas that need to be trimmed though. Look here for more info: http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/instructions_05kj.htm |
|
| Author: | LibertyRenegade [ Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:46 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I have a O3 Renny. Would I have to do some trimming for rocker skids? or does it depend on the brand? |
|
| Author: | Boiler [ Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:53 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Pretty sure it depends on the year. I know my 05 has a plastic piece that covers from the bottom of the pinch weld to the bottom of the door, and it sticks out about 5 inches from the pinch. Older models, I'm not yet sure which years, did not have this, they just had a plastic cover for the pinch weld I think. The new ones clip through holes in the rocker, so taking them off does not leave you with a smooth metal rocker like original models. Whether or not you can leave it on with other peoples rocker guards, I am unsure. I'm designing mine to not require removal. I'm guessing others do too as many people would not want to take it off or like whats behind it. |
|
| Author: | Inc [ Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:59 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Yeah, I know the 05+ rocker sheet metal has little holes that are used to clip the plastic fascia into and they would look goofy without that plastic cover. When I made my first set of rock rails I just cut little half moon shapes out of the bottom of the plastic fascia so I could drill the pinch weld and get the pinch weld bolts into place. Worked well since I didn't want to hassle with removing it. |
|
| Author: | tjkj2002 [ Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:46 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
For RL's sliders you do not need to remove that pinchweld cover,you do need to modify it just a tiny bit but it still looks 100% factory. |
|
| Author: | SNAFU [ Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:29 am ] |
| Post subject: | purple tacos |
If you take em off try not to break the plastic pieces, they are 6 bucks a pop from the dealer and there are lik 8 or 10 on 1 side. Trust me i know i used sheet metal screws to put em back on. You can pull straight down to take em out but you have to pull hard as hell. I got angry and ripped em off ( before i knew they were 6 bucks a pop) but you can slide em to 1 direction also i forget which im sorry. Their are 2 pieces of plastic connecting it. the black round pieces, you can pull those straight down, and i thin kslide off also ( with lots of force or mabe 2 screw drivers and some finesse) and the white pieces you can slide out. i half broke most of the white pieces and reused em with np the black i broke all and got lots of dried mud in my face ( forgot the darn glasses) for the black piece i used The sheet metal screws. no problems do far been 6 months. Hope this helps some but it may not i did not take pics |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|