It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: lost cover thingy on lugage rack again
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:55 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:47 pm
Posts: 1817
Location: York,PA
I Noticed the other day I lost the black plastic bolt cover thing on the rear driver's of my lugage rack again. this is the second time. I'm thinking it got knocked off in a car wash the last time and I may got back and ask the guy that runs the place if he found it in the tunnel. Has anyone else had this problem? if I find it at the car wash or get one from the the dealership how can I be sure it stays snaped on, glue it?

_________________
2006 Liberty CRD Limited Deep Beryl Green Metallic Clear coat, Fumoto valve, MH ProVent (removed), GDE Eco tune,
OME 790/948 springs, OME struts, OME N132L shocks, Jeepin by Al A-arms, Hercules Terra Trac AT2 245/75R16
Weeks Stage 1 EGR delete, 5 volt steel glow plugs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:26 am 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:36 pm
Posts: 3143
Location: OKLAHOMA
wow i have never been able to go through a car wash... lucky


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:45 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:47 pm
Posts: 1817
Location: York,PA
Lucky, maybe I should stay home and do a bucket and hose wash.... those covers are 20 - 25 dollars for a chunk of black plastic.

I have time today to go ask at the car wash but its raining so they will be closed :(

_________________
2006 Liberty CRD Limited Deep Beryl Green Metallic Clear coat, Fumoto valve, MH ProVent (removed), GDE Eco tune,
OME 790/948 springs, OME struts, OME N132L shocks, Jeepin by Al A-arms, Hercules Terra Trac AT2 245/75R16
Weeks Stage 1 EGR delete, 5 volt steel glow plugs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:57 pm 
Offline
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
SFA doesn't snap at the ball joint
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:12 pm
Posts: 2213
Location: Spokane, WA
I never lost mine, but I shattered one on the trail... You may want to check the torque on your bolts, the cover should snap on pretty tight. Also, besure the plastic velcro is snapped on real good on the trailing edge.

_________________
I'm baaaaccckkk...
LOST Member 10
If you can read this you don't need glasses, go Wheel your Jeep!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:56 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:47 pm
Posts: 1817
Location: York,PA
Mine snapped on pretty good when I replaced it the first time. I did not see any plastic velcro. The part is only trim and isn't expensive but I'm not planning on buying one every few months.

_________________
2006 Liberty CRD Limited Deep Beryl Green Metallic Clear coat, Fumoto valve, MH ProVent (removed), GDE Eco tune,
OME 790/948 springs, OME struts, OME N132L shocks, Jeepin by Al A-arms, Hercules Terra Trac AT2 245/75R16
Weeks Stage 1 EGR delete, 5 volt steel glow plugs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:57 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:01 pm
Posts: 222
Use a couple of dots of silicone glue/sealer to make sure it stays in place. IF you ever have to remove it, it won't be impossible.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:46 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:47 pm
Posts: 1817
Location: York,PA
valvestem wrote:
Use a couple of dots of silicone glue/sealer to make sure it stays in place. IF you ever have to remove it, it won't be impossible.


Thanks I will try that.

I still have not went back to the car wash and asked if they found it there. I have no Idea if I lost it there but it seems likely with all those things whirling around it could have got tossed in the tunnel and if I'm lucky they found it and kept it.

it would be funny if I ask and they show me a box of stuff lost from cars like when I lost a fuel cap at the petrol station once.

_________________
2006 Liberty CRD Limited Deep Beryl Green Metallic Clear coat, Fumoto valve, MH ProVent (removed), GDE Eco tune,
OME 790/948 springs, OME struts, OME N132L shocks, Jeepin by Al A-arms, Hercules Terra Trac AT2 245/75R16
Weeks Stage 1 EGR delete, 5 volt steel glow plugs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:57 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:50 am
Posts: 54
:twisted: dang, I been try to see how it opens up. and your did it by its self?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:53 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:47 pm
Posts: 1817
Location: York,PA
yeah it has a little finger like thing on one end that slides into the metal bar part and then it snaps back on. something is up with mine it must not hold on tight enough.

_________________
2006 Liberty CRD Limited Deep Beryl Green Metallic Clear coat, Fumoto valve, MH ProVent (removed), GDE Eco tune,
OME 790/948 springs, OME struts, OME N132L shocks, Jeepin by Al A-arms, Hercules Terra Trac AT2 245/75R16
Weeks Stage 1 EGR delete, 5 volt steel glow plugs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:00 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:09 pm
Posts: 886
Location: Dixie, Maryland
Is this the mopar safari/luggage rack you speak of? Or is it a different make?

_________________
Fran:2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 quadra drive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in cat back flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, airaid JR kit, ram air, P.I.E. aux adapter, surco 45x50, husky liners.http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=65276&p=719908#p719908


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:44 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:47 pm
Posts: 1817
Location: York,PA
THe stock ones. maybe they are called something else more correctly.

If you look close at this picture you can see on the back that the cover is missing. It's not smooth and finished looing you can see the inside plastic grid. Image

_________________
2006 Liberty CRD Limited Deep Beryl Green Metallic Clear coat, Fumoto valve, MH ProVent (removed), GDE Eco tune,
OME 790/948 springs, OME struts, OME N132L shocks, Jeepin by Al A-arms, Hercules Terra Trac AT2 245/75R16
Weeks Stage 1 EGR delete, 5 volt steel glow plugs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:09 pm
Posts: 886
Location: Dixie, Maryland
Ohhh. I was thinking it was the wind deflector for the safari rack.

_________________
Fran:2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 quadra drive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in cat back flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, airaid JR kit, ram air, P.I.E. aux adapter, surco 45x50, husky liners.http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=65276&p=719908#p719908


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com