| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Windshield Bottle Relocation Write-up http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47703 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | VoodooMann [ Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:20 am ] |
| Post subject: | Windshield Bottle Relocation Write-up |
Anybody know a thread with a good write-up for relocating the washer bottle, or has anyone done this and have some pics of how/where you mounted it? |
|
| Author: | kvenner [ Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Windshield Bottle Relocation Write-up |
VoodooMann wrote: Anybody know a thread with a good write-up for relocating the washer bottle, or has anyone done this and have some pics of how/where you mounted it?
I recently relocated mine. I'll try to get som pics up this weekend. Not much to it. Bought a universal overflow bottle and a universal pump. Only problem I have is the rear washer no longer works, but I rarely used it. |
|
| Author: | 03CDKJ [ Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:28 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I got mine at advanced auto parts... there were 2 sizes..... If you do not have the computer crap to the left of the washer bottle you can you use the bigger size overflow tank.. I had to use the small one... I just cut a hole in the overflow tank, used the original pump and sealed it up with some Plumbing GOOP.... Works like a charm!
|
|
| Author: | VoodooMann [ Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:43 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
how in the %^&* did you get the old bottle out?!!? I can get mine to drop about 3" before getting stuck, not to mention removing all the wiring to get the darn thing off. |
|
| Author: | Signcutter21 [ Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:02 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
"how in the %^&* did you get the old bottle out?!!?" Hacksaw, Dremmel, and box cutter. At least that's how I got mine out. 03CDKJ, Great pics. What did you do about the sensor? Any issues with the fluid splashing out? I have problems w/ both, not to mention it draining out of the pump hole from not being sealed well enough. I'll try the Goop. thanks, mike |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|