| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Steering jerk to the right http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47909 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | FreedomKJ [ Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Steering jerk to the right |
First off.. Hi guys, miss me? On to the problem: My steering pulls sharply to the right with every rotation of the wheels, even when moving very slowly. Any ideas what this could be? I was thinking warped rotor at first, but that shouldn't make it pull when just rolling along and it doesn't change at all when I brake. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated! Edit: Topic title change. |
|
| Author: | FreedomKJ [ Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:09 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
It's been a while, but that's not it because it's not a constant pull. I should have called it more of a "jerk" to the right. |
|
| Author: | cluelessklewer [ Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:38 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
you have a broken/shifted belt in a tire |
|
| Author: | dgeist [ Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:04 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
cluelessklewer wrote: you have a broken/shifted belt in a tire
I was going to suggest swapping the front tires and seeing if the problem followed. That would definitely tell you if the tire was the issue. |
|
| Author: | FreedomKJ [ Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:29 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Hadn't thought about the tires. I'll give that a shot when I get home today and let y'all know. |
|
| Author: | FreedomKJ [ Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:30 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Clueless, I owe you a beer. I've been trying to figure this thing out for months and never even thought that the tires could be it. All the tires looked fine on the vehicle, but I pulled the front driver's side off and it was so out of round that it wouldn't even stand up on its own. Put the spare on in it's place and tada! No more wobbling or steering pull. Guess it's time for new tires! |
|
| Author: | cluelessklewer [ Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:45 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Haha I'll take a yuengling... Jk unless ur shipping to nc. I work in a shop and have been for 5 years now, over that time I've learned a few things. Just glad I could help. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|