It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 5:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Review: Craftsman worklight 83893 for Liberty engine bay
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:31 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:38 am
Posts: 1593
Location: Muncie Indiana
Just thought I'd share how much I like my new worklight for illuminating the engine bay. What is great about it is that it puts out a lot of light, and it hooks right into some of the hood holes in a way that aims the light perfectly. It is a firm mount too. I've used it 4-5 times this way.

25 ft corded model
Image

Image

My arm for proportion...
Image

Using magnetic mount on toolbox, hook backup.
Image

Image

conveniently mounted to hood
Image

Image

Light output
Image

Image

_________________
2005 KJ Renegade
Fabrications for sale: Aluminum Roof Rack (See Page 9)
Aluminum Gas Tank Skid -- Radiator Skid -- Front Strut Shims
Coming Soon: Rear Bumpers with lots of options


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:55 am 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
They work good, I have one of the earlier models that I bought when a Sears store was going out of business for 10 bucks! Its been dropped , beaten, bruised, battered and even stayed on the ARB for 250 miles when I forgot it was up there!
Good light for sure

another one of those things I would of never thought to of done a review of though??? :lol:

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:34 am 
Offline
I live here
I live here
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:59 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Aurora, CO
How much?

_________________
===
New KJ Gear - Desert Armor Flak

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:27 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:38 am
Posts: 1593
Location: Muncie Indiana
Only reason I reviewed it was because it is a perfect fit for the hood.

Mine was $30 on sale. I think they are normally 40. There are other versions too, cheaper one with no magnet holder (sold seperate), one with a shorter cord (mine is 25 feet, more than enough), and one on a cordreel.

_________________
2005 KJ Renegade
Fabrications for sale: Aluminum Roof Rack (See Page 9)
Aluminum Gas Tank Skid -- Radiator Skid -- Front Strut Shims
Coming Soon: Rear Bumpers with lots of options


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:17 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:17 pm
Posts: 226
Location: N. Richland Hills, TX
I have one of the older ones and they are great lights, If has probably been dropped a hundred times in the last few years and still has the original bulb.



Off Topic but, Where is your mechanical cooling fan? Do some Liberty's only have the electric one?

_________________
02 KJ Limited w/ offroad pkg, Sunroof, NP 242
Moab with 255/70 Grabber AT2's
Tweaked Rusty's Coil Lift w/ OME LT shocks
Mopar skids & Rocky Road Supersliders
http://www.cardomain.com/id/bighause

Retired Jeeps - 84CJ, 90YJ, 97XJ, 86CJ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:44 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:19 pm
Posts: 4129
Location: Saint Augustine, FL
Here is a 12v that would be great out on the trail: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/v ... x?a=533806

Terry

_________________
Image2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4X4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:15 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 9:18 pm
Posts: 487
Location: Athens, GA
Terry,
I should have known you were a fan of sportsmansguide, as I am. When I was a Scoutmaster I equiped my Troop with a lot of their surplus stuff...cheap. Still have, and use, some of it. Good resource.
John

_________________
"Keep the shiny side up and the oily side down"
'06 4X4 KJ, skid plates, Daystar lift, Wrangler MT/R 245/75/16, Reese hitch, Surco Safari Rack/Hella 500's, Cobra 75 wxst/Wilson 4' Firestick, Optima Red Top, Pilot fog lights, Detours KJ Backbone/Smittybilt XRC8 winch, Spidertrax spacers.

'04 Harley-Davidson Road King FLHRI Bagger


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:45 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:38 am
Posts: 1593
Location: Muncie Indiana
bighause wrote:
Off Topic but, Where is your mechanical cooling fan? Do some Liberty's only have the electric one?


Never really looked to see what kind of fan I have, I just know it sits farther from my engine than some others and allows removal of the oil filter by hand from above.

It could be hydraulic powered and I wouldn't know, never really looked at it.

_________________
2005 KJ Renegade
Fabrications for sale: Aluminum Roof Rack (See Page 9)
Aluminum Gas Tank Skid -- Radiator Skid -- Front Strut Shims
Coming Soon: Rear Bumpers with lots of options


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:19 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:48 pm
Posts: 861
Location: Aurora, CO
bighause wrote:
Off Topic but, Where is your mechanical cooling fan? Do some Liberty's only have the electric one?


KJs only have a mechanical cooling fan if you have Heavy Duty Cooling, which came with either the Off-Road or Towing packages.

The Heavy Duty Cooling package also came with a power-steering fluid cooler and depending on model year an external transmission cooler, instead of the standard in-radiator tranny cooler.

_________________
Jeremy - Aurora, CO
L.O.S.T. #0

Future:
2016 Hydro Blue JK Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock

Previous:
2012 Flame Red JK Unlimited Rubicon - Sold!
2012 Flame Red JK Unlimited Rubicon - Dealer buyback
2003 Silver KJ Freedom 4x4 - Sold!
32s, Frankenlift, BBars, onboard air, dirt.
KJ EVIC Install


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com