| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Review: Craftsman worklight 83893 for Liberty engine bay http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48225 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Boiler [ Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:31 am ] |
| Post subject: | Review: Craftsman worklight 83893 for Liberty engine bay |
Just thought I'd share how much I like my new worklight for illuminating the engine bay. What is great about it is that it puts out a lot of light, and it hooks right into some of the hood holes in a way that aims the light perfectly. It is a firm mount too. I've used it 4-5 times this way. 25 ft corded model
My arm for proportion...
Using magnetic mount on toolbox, hook backup.
conveniently mounted to hood
Light output
|
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:55 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
They work good, I have one of the earlier models that I bought when a Sears store was going out of business for 10 bucks! Its been dropped , beaten, bruised, battered and even stayed on the ARB for 250 miles when I forgot it was up there! Good light for sure another one of those things I would of never thought to of done a review of though??? |
|
| Author: | Tokyojoe [ Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:34 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
How much? |
|
| Author: | Boiler [ Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:27 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Only reason I reviewed it was because it is a perfect fit for the hood. Mine was $30 on sale. I think they are normally 40. There are other versions too, cheaper one with no magnet holder (sold seperate), one with a shorter cord (mine is 25 feet, more than enough), and one on a cordreel. |
|
| Author: | bighause [ Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:17 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I have one of the older ones and they are great lights, If has probably been dropped a hundred times in the last few years and still has the original bulb. Off Topic but, Where is your mechanical cooling fan? Do some Liberty's only have the electric one? |
|
| Author: | Fulltimer [ Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Here is a 12v that would be great out on the trail: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/v ... x?a=533806 Terry |
|
| Author: | jhblackwell [ Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Terry, I should have known you were a fan of sportsmansguide, as I am. When I was a Scoutmaster I equiped my Troop with a lot of their surplus stuff...cheap. Still have, and use, some of it. Good resource. John |
|
| Author: | Boiler [ Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:45 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
bighause wrote: Off Topic but, Where is your mechanical cooling fan? Do some Liberty's only have the electric one?
Never really looked to see what kind of fan I have, I just know it sits farther from my engine than some others and allows removal of the oil filter by hand from above. It could be hydraulic powered and I wouldn't know, never really looked at it. |
|
| Author: | FreedomKJ [ Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
bighause wrote: Off Topic but, Where is your mechanical cooling fan? Do some Liberty's only have the electric one?
KJs only have a mechanical cooling fan if you have Heavy Duty Cooling, which came with either the Off-Road or Towing packages. The Heavy Duty Cooling package also came with a power-steering fluid cooler and depending on model year an external transmission cooler, instead of the standard in-radiator tranny cooler. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|