It is currently Mon Oct 05, 2026 4:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: New window reg fix FAILED
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:35 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:38 am
Posts: 493
Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
So I have replaced my left rear reg 4 times now. The last time (last spring) I received the new fix that includes the new window. Now I am out of warranty and it failed. The dealer did fix it however free of charge, since it was done within a year ago and less than 12,000 miles. That was a relief. They said that this was the first new fix with new window that they have come back. We shall see.
I tell you what though, the dealer said the fix can run between 350-500 $. I just cannot take a hit like that. (I would put it in myself to save $). It made me look at some lower end wrangler unlimited's that have crank windows while I was at the dealer. Bottom line is that I love the liberty and will deal with it. So here I sit with a total of 8 failed regulators.... :!: :evil:

_________________
'06 3.7 sport 6 speed (long live manual tranny's)
tinted windows, cruise, midnight blue
Mopar roof rack
Royal Purple Synchromax in tranny
Royal Purple Maxgear in pumpkins
Full mopar skids, front diff collar
Future mods: Rock rails, B.F. Goodrich all terains. (In my dreams: Frankenlift)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:54 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:09 pm
Posts: 886
Location: Dixie, Maryland
I called a few chryco stealerships and they said even with a warranty it would run 250+ so I'm just going to do a new regulator and eventually get the steiger mod and hope for the best.

_________________
Fran:2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 quadra drive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in cat back flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, airaid JR kit, ram air, P.I.E. aux adapter, surco 45x50, husky liners.http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=65276&p=719908#p719908


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:54 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:03 pm
Posts: 1866
Location: Houston, TX
Steiger Performance offers a replacement carrier for the window that is MUCH better. Jon includes detailed instructions to go with it that make the install pretty easy. He apparently now offers a fix for late 06 - 07 KJ's as well.

http://www.steigerperformance.com/

_________________
In this war of lines, so many have been crossed. Where will it all stop?

2006 Deep Beryl Green CRD Sport *SOLD 1/22/12*
Provent, V6 Airbox, Fumoto, Samcos, GDE ECO & TCM Tune, Euro JK TC, Magnaflow Catback
245/70/16 Destination A/T's
Boiler's Radiator Skid Plate
Jeepin' By Al 2.5 inch Adjust-A-Strut Lift, JBA Gen 4.5 UCA's (6/5/10)

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:06 pm 
Offline
I live here
I live here
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:59 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Aurora, CO
Do the regulators from 02-04 models work in the 05 and newer models? If so, go to a junk yard and find a wrecked KJ and get those regulators.

_________________
===
New KJ Gear - Desert Armor Flak

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:14 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:09 pm
Posts: 886
Location: Dixie, Maryland
linewarbr wrote:
Steiger Performance offers a replacement carrier for the window that is MUCH better. Jon includes detailed instructions to go with it that make the install pretty easy. He apparently now offers a fix for late 06 - 07 KJ's as well.

http://www.steigerperformance.com/


Be careful lumping 06 in there as my 2006 is different from others. basically march 2006 (3-16-06 to be exact) built 2006 liberty's and on are different from the other 2006 libbys and older ones.

_________________
Fran:2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 quadra drive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in cat back flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, airaid JR kit, ram air, P.I.E. aux adapter, surco 45x50, husky liners.http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=65276&p=719908#p719908


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Window Reg
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:19 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:09 pm
Posts: 117
Location: Pineville, la
My 06 had its 9th reg fail here last week. For 25 bucks, a local body shop fixed the window in the up position. My fear was spending 450-500 bucks and the new fix turn out to be more BS. Looks like my fear was justified! Those new 4runners are starting to tempt me...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:34 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:03 pm
Posts: 1866
Location: Houston, TX
liquidxit2 wrote:
linewarbr wrote:
Steiger Performance offers a replacement carrier for the window that is MUCH better. Jon includes detailed instructions to go with it that make the install pretty easy. He apparently now offers a fix for late 06 - 07 KJ's as well.

http://www.steigerperformance.com/


Be careful lumping 06 in there as my 2006 is different from others. basically march 2006 (3-16-06 to be exact) built 2006 liberty's and on are different from the other 2006 libbys and older ones.


Steiger now offers a seperate kit for 02 MY - 3/16/06 and another from 3/16/06 - 07 MY.

_________________
In this war of lines, so many have been crossed. Where will it all stop?

2006 Deep Beryl Green CRD Sport *SOLD 1/22/12*
Provent, V6 Airbox, Fumoto, Samcos, GDE ECO & TCM Tune, Euro JK TC, Magnaflow Catback
245/70/16 Destination A/T's
Boiler's Radiator Skid Plate
Jeepin' By Al 2.5 inch Adjust-A-Strut Lift, JBA Gen 4.5 UCA's (6/5/10)

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:43 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:19 pm
Posts: 4129
Location: Saint Augustine, FL
I don't need my back windows to be down so if the regulators break I'll just somehow keep the window in place and the "H" with the regulators! BTW, there is no back seat in my KJ.

Terry

_________________
Image2011 Ford F-150 XLT 4X4


Last edited by Fulltimer on Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:50 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:38 am
Posts: 493
Location: Highlands Ranch, Colorado
linewarbr wrote:
liquidxit2 wrote:
linewarbr wrote:
Steiger Performance offers a replacement carrier for the window that is MUCH better. Jon includes detailed instructions to go with it that make the install pretty easy. He apparently now offers a fix for late 06 - 07 KJ's as well.

http://www.steigerperformance.com/


Be careful lumping 06 in there as my 2006 is different from others. basically march 2006 (3-16-06 to be exact) built 2006 liberty's and on are different from the other 2006 libbys and older ones.


Steiger now offers a seperate kit for 02 MY - 3/16/06 and another from 3/16/06 - 07 MY.


Awesome!! I have the newer '06 and I will contact them. I had seen the steiger fix for the older '06's on ebay. If they have the new ones, I am all over it. Thanks.

_________________
'06 3.7 sport 6 speed (long live manual tranny's)
tinted windows, cruise, midnight blue
Mopar roof rack
Royal Purple Synchromax in tranny
Royal Purple Maxgear in pumpkins
Full mopar skids, front diff collar
Future mods: Rock rails, B.F. Goodrich all terains. (In my dreams: Frankenlift)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:50 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:12 pm
Posts: 2476
Location: Jamestown PA
great info.. i havnt had a window drop yet (knock on wood).. but i book marked the site just incase.

_________________
2006 Renegade. Completely stock.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:33 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:01 pm
Posts: 222
Fulltimer wrote:
I don't need my back windows to be down so if the regulators break I'll just somehow keep the window in place and the "H" with the regulators! BTW, there is no back seat in my KJ.

Terry


Be glad you live in a state where they allow a window to be inoperative. Up here-no workee, no stickee. In other words, our state inspection says all windows have to work to pass the annual state safety inspection.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:45 am 
Offline
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:40 pm
Posts: 2353
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Where is "up here?" I could not imagine living under such draconian laws. The accident rates or death-per-mile rates are no better for "inspection" states than non-inspection states on average as recently as 2000. That is totally a hidden tax.

_________________
LOST # 633
'05 KJ 3.7L/6spd/241 245/75/16 MT's
'88 MJ 4.0L/AW4/231 SWB HPD30 & trac-loc D44 w/3.73's
A dirty Jeep is a happy Jeep


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:15 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:09 pm
Posts: 886
Location: Dixie, Maryland
Fulltimer wrote:
I don't need my back windows to be down so if the regulators break I'll just somehow keep the window in place and the "H" with the regulators! BTW, there is no back seat in my KJ.

Terry


Yeah but having all 4 windows down cruising to the beach makes taking the jeep more appealing then my talon. I cant wait for a safari rack full of gear, bikes hanging off the back windows down and flowmaster rumbling. The looks Ill get will make me grin for a long time. :D

_________________
Fran:2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 quadra drive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in cat back flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, airaid JR kit, ram air, P.I.E. aux adapter, surco 45x50, husky liners.http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=65276&p=719908#p719908


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:35 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:47 pm
Posts: 1817
Location: York,PA
If it were me I would order the steiger preformance fix, at 89.00 a window that can't be beat for anyone that is out of warranty.

I got my mine at 37k too there was no warrany left other than what the dealer was giving on used cars which was something like 3 -6k powertrain and 30 days for other items. they wanted to sell me an extended warrany for nearly $2000.00

_________________
2006 Liberty CRD Limited Deep Beryl Green Metallic Clear coat, Fumoto valve, MH ProVent (removed), GDE Eco tune,
OME 790/948 springs, OME struts, OME N132L shocks, Jeepin by Al A-arms, Hercules Terra Trac AT2 245/75R16
Weeks Stage 1 EGR delete, 5 volt steel glow plugs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:02 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:03 pm
Posts: 1866
Location: Houston, TX
I have the Steiger carrier in my left (port) rear door. I put it in about 6 months ago when the window suddenly decided to open when I was driving out of the plant. (i.e., "off-road," since they grade the parking lot about once every 500 years) It was a relatively easy install, took about 3 hours working slowly and carefully since I had never done it before. Someone with more experience could do it in about an hour.

The product is great, but believe it or not, the instructions are even better. Full color, step by step, and detailed. You can also access the instruction .pdf from their website. There is a little quirk with some where the ball stud on the window bracket needs to be bent down a little to match the angle of the new carrier, and Jon with Steiger included that on a seperate piece of bright yellow paper. After about 30 minutes of trying to figure out why the window kept popping out of the carrier, I happened to notice this peice of paper, which totally saved my bacon.

I am not shilling for Steiger in any way, I just honestly think that this is a great bit of fabrication. When you get their carrier and compare it to the factory one, it will be yet another one of those times where you say, "Why didn't Chrysler do it like this to begin with?"

_________________
In this war of lines, so many have been crossed. Where will it all stop?

2006 Deep Beryl Green CRD Sport *SOLD 1/22/12*
Provent, V6 Airbox, Fumoto, Samcos, GDE ECO & TCM Tune, Euro JK TC, Magnaflow Catback
245/70/16 Destination A/T's
Boiler's Radiator Skid Plate
Jeepin' By Al 2.5 inch Adjust-A-Strut Lift, JBA Gen 4.5 UCA's (6/5/10)

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:19 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:09 pm
Posts: 886
Location: Dixie, Maryland
All in an effort to save a few pennies, that inevitably went right back into fixing warranty regulators...

_________________
Fran:2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 quadra drive. 31in General Grabber AT2, OME HD, bilstein, IRO sway links, addco rear sway. Kolak 3in cat back flowmaster SUV 50, magnaflow 3in cat, airaid JR kit, ram air, P.I.E. aux adapter, surco 45x50, husky liners.http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=65276&p=719908#p719908


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com