| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| lost cover thingy on lugage rack again http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48271 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | mikey1273 [ Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:55 am ] |
| Post subject: | lost cover thingy on lugage rack again |
I Noticed the other day I lost the black plastic bolt cover thing on the rear driver's of my lugage rack again. this is the second time. I'm thinking it got knocked off in a car wash the last time and I may got back and ask the guy that runs the place if he found it in the tunnel. Has anyone else had this problem? if I find it at the car wash or get one from the the dealership how can I be sure it stays snaped on, glue it? |
|
| Author: | riptricket [ Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:26 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
wow i have never been able to go through a car wash... lucky |
|
| Author: | mikey1273 [ Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:45 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Lucky, maybe I should stay home and do a bucket and hose wash.... those covers are 20 - 25 dollars for a chunk of black plastic. I have time today to go ask at the car wash but its raining so they will be closed |
|
| Author: | USAFCOP [ Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I never lost mine, but I shattered one on the trail... You may want to check the torque on your bolts, the cover should snap on pretty tight. Also, besure the plastic velcro is snapped on real good on the trailing edge. |
|
| Author: | mikey1273 [ Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Mine snapped on pretty good when I replaced it the first time. I did not see any plastic velcro. The part is only trim and isn't expensive but I'm not planning on buying one every few months. |
|
| Author: | valvestem [ Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Use a couple of dots of silicone glue/sealer to make sure it stays in place. IF you ever have to remove it, it won't be impossible. |
|
| Author: | mikey1273 [ Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:46 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
valvestem wrote: Use a couple of dots of silicone glue/sealer to make sure it stays in place. IF you ever have to remove it, it won't be impossible.
Thanks I will try that. I still have not went back to the car wash and asked if they found it there. I have no Idea if I lost it there but it seems likely with all those things whirling around it could have got tossed in the tunnel and if I'm lucky they found it and kept it. it would be funny if I ask and they show me a box of stuff lost from cars like when I lost a fuel cap at the petrol station once. |
|
| Author: | W9JAB [ Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
| Author: | mikey1273 [ Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:53 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
yeah it has a little finger like thing on one end that slides into the metal bar part and then it snaps back on. something is up with mine it must not hold on tight enough. |
|
| Author: | liquidxit2 [ Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Is this the mopar safari/luggage rack you speak of? Or is it a different make? |
|
| Author: | mikey1273 [ Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
THe stock ones. maybe they are called something else more correctly. If you look close at this picture you can see on the back that the cover is missing. It's not smooth and finished looing you can see the inside plastic grid. |
|
| Author: | liquidxit2 [ Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Ohhh. I was thinking it was the wind deflector for the safari rack. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|