LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

The kj's engine has been KIA....
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48310
Page 1 of 3

Author:  Budke [ Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:30 am ]
Post subject:  The kj's engine has been KIA....

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42194

All the info there.

Author:  Budke [ Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:48 pm ]
Post subject: 

Image

Author:  FreedomKJ [ Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:33 pm ]
Post subject: 

It's dead, Jim.

That's not knocking, that's the broken parts of the engine rattling around.

Also, notice the white smoke coming from the driver's side? That's oilk burning off as it hits the exhaust manifold. There's probably a hole punched in the side of the block over there, or the head has become severely deformed and is leaking.

Author:  Diggerfreek [ Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:50 pm ]
Post subject: 

Didn't know they made a US spec CRD in 02 :?

Did you ever find the hole in the block?

Author:  liquidxit2 [ Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

After reading what happened I can tell you the engine is dead, the clip was just icing on the cake.

Author:  03CDKJ [ Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:11 pm ]
Post subject: 

I just read most of that post... :shock:
UNBELIEVABLE!

Driving around with the oil light on & with no engine coolant! & putting just water instead of Antifreeze in it... :shock:
If you had no money for all that stuff you should have not been driving it. Period.

You should not even be allowed to own a vehicle. Especially a KJ!! :roll:

Author:  durangotang [ Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:37 pm ]
Post subject: 

Dude.... take the Paseo :shock:

Author:  mikey1273 [ Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:26 pm ]
Post subject: 

WOW

That poor thing sounds horrable, way worse than a properly working diesel. You are going to need a new engine or a rebiuild with quite a few new parts.

You can't take that damage back, best you can do now is figure out how to recovver from it and not loose the lesson you have learned.

Author:  Neatus [ Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:27 pm ]
Post subject: 

Give the guy a break...he dorked up and now he is paying for it. Some people need to learn the hard way.

Author:  jeepskate [ Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:00 pm ]
Post subject: 

Man, that video should be rated NC-17. It's obscene. I had to turn it off. Truly painful and sad to watch. Best of luck to you with finding a replacement engine. If it makes you feel any better, my engine made that same noise and I always took good care of it. Of course that was at 196,000 miles.

If you can't afford things like oil and coolant, buying another engine will be really tough. You might be better off just junking it and getting what you can for what's left of it. Then, like others said on the other site, maybe if your parents will co-sign a loan you can buy a used one.

Author:  mikey1273 [ Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:01 pm ]
Post subject: 

I'm trying not to pick on the poor guy, we all mess up....some make costlier mistakes than others.

My Brother burned up a car by not putting oil in it. I really busted on him for that then, now he is a mechanic and I am sure can do more auto work than me now.... go figure

I looked up a jasper remanufactured engine. $3375.00 for the 3.7L and $3673.00 for the 2.4L I would also start calling salvage yards and see if you can find one that way with lower mileage then find a shop to install it.

or maybe if there is a vo-tech school close by with an auto shop you could pay to have students do the work in class. I went to a vo-tech high school, I had some work done on my car at school when I was a student. I only had to pay for parts and the instructor inspected all the work. I'm not saying that is the best idea but it could save you cash.

Author:  Diggerfreek [ Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

durangotang wrote:
Dude.... take the Paseo :shock:


Yeah :shock: :shock:


It's better than a civic :shock:

Author:  dgeist [ Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:38 pm ]
Post subject:  That thread made a little part of me die....

That just hurt to read.... Having had cars die that I've babied and things (like hydrolocking) occur out of my control, i'm just horrified by seeing something that was (potentially) easily avoidable do so much damage.

I guess that's a lesson learned for the next vehicle :(

Author:  jhblackwell [ Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

mikey1273 wrote:
I'm trying not to pick on the poor guy, we all mess up....some make costlier mistakes than others.

My Brother burned up a car by not putting oil in it. I really busted on him for that then, now he is a mechanic and I am sure can do more auto work than me now.... go figure

I looked up a jasper remanufactured engine. $3375.00 for the 3.7L and $3673.00 for the 2.4L I would also start calling salvage yards and see if you can find one that way with lower mileage then find a shop to install it.

or maybe if there is a vo-tech school close by with an auto shop you could pay to have students do the work in class. I went to a vo-tech high school, I had some work done on my car at school when I was a student. I only had to pay for parts and the instructor inspected all the work. I'm not saying that is the best idea but it could save you cash.

X2.
Please, just shoot it and put it out of it's misery. :cry: Get another engine somewhere, as suggested by mikey (small block V8?:twisted:), enjoy modifying your KJ and move on. I'm sure once done you will have learned your lesson. :wink: Good luck.

Author:  oddball [ Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:49 pm ]
Post subject: 

Bummer. Budke I trust you've learned a lesson from this. Hope you get it back on and off road soon.

Author:  Neatus [ Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

Find a place that will put a used motor from a wrecked KJ if you are tight on cash. That may be the cheapest way to go.

Author:  ihatemybike [ Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:54 pm ]
Post subject: 

www.car-part.com

Author:  L.O. [ Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:14 am ]
Post subject: 

You old engine is beyond help. If you can get a reman'd engine, put that in. Don't bother with a junk yard engine....you don't know what you are getting. Really, you might want to sell the wreck and get a decent used Libby.

Maybe not a Paseo :D

Author:  Budke [ Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:18 am ]
Post subject: 

03CDKJ wrote:
I just read most of that post... :shock:
UNBELIEVABLE!

Driving around with the oil light on & with no engine coolant! & putting just water instead of Antifreeze in it... :shock:
If you had no money for all that stuff you should have not been driving it. Period.

You should not even be allowed to own a vehicle. Especially a KJ!! :roll:


Read the whole thing fully before you say stuff.
I didn't have water in it. I had just changed the coolant about 2 months previous with G-05 and distilled water, LIKE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO.
And yeah I know it was stupid of me to drive around with the engine light on, but I had to get to work somehow. And work is too far for me to walk or even ride a bike.

Author:  mikey1273 [ Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:42 am ]
Post subject: 

I guess you know now not to do that again. never drive with the engine warning light on or low oil preasure untill the issue is resolved well enough to not damage the engine. which means light is off. If you don't have money for oil or what ever ask someone if you can borrow $$ for some or take mom's car like you do now.

Page 1 of 3 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/