It is currently Sat Oct 03, 2026 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: VIN NUMBER
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:06 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:17 am
Posts: 12
Hi Lost Members

Is the vin number punched on the KJ chassis somewhere beside the plate/sticker under the front screen? The vin under the screen must have come loose/fallen off on my 2007 KJ CRD.

Regards
Selwyn
Hot and Sunny South Africa

_________________
Selwyn
Johannesburg South Africa
2007 KJ Diesel Auto


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:22 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:28 am
Posts: 10686
Location: Some where in Colorado
IIRC, the VIN is also on the driver side door jam stickers

_________________
2008 KK Liberty Sport NIGHT OPS EDITION + GILLS
OEM & Custom Skids - Factory Tow Package - Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
Prototype JBA 4 Inch Lift - JBA UCA's - Flowmaster Super 44 OR - Whacked Resonator
Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:25 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:47 pm
Posts: 1817
Location: York,PA
I have not looked for all the locations on the Jeep but every other vehicle I have owned before had the VIN stamped on the Firewall someplace where you could find it.

_________________
2006 Liberty CRD Limited Deep Beryl Green Metallic Clear coat, Fumoto valve, MH ProVent (removed), GDE Eco tune,
OME 790/948 springs, OME struts, OME N132L shocks, Jeepin by Al A-arms, Hercules Terra Trac AT2 245/75R16
Weeks Stage 1 EGR delete, 5 volt steel glow plugs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:19 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:52 pm
Posts: 1184
Location: Atlanta, GA
Diggerfreek wrote:
IIRC, the VIN is also on the driver side door jam stickers


Yes, along with all the other pertinent vehicle information, by law, on every car that is sold in the U.S., I believe.

_________________
Colin
LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4
Steel IFS/DL&DTT/4.10s/Tow Pkg/Mopar-Rusty's-Skid Row skids&sliders/OME struts&springs/Rancho shocks/Terraflex bumpstops/Landy FRH/Gen Steel/Grabber AT2s/Spidertrax/Rockcrusher/Hella/Smittybilt XRC8/Bulldog wiring/NAPA brakes/JBA UCAs&spacers/Deka Intimidator


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:04 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:47 pm
Posts: 1817
Location: York,PA
Notice his sig.... location south africa. I was going to suggest that if he couldn't find a VIN and the vin plate in the windshield was gone the vehicle could have been stolen, processed by a chop shop or imported illegally but I held back. Vin plates are normally riveted so the don't just fall off.

I hope what I suggested is not correct. It would stink to be a victim of that sort of thing. In the states I'm sure you could not register the vehicle or you would have a very dificult time with out a clean VIN.

_________________
2006 Liberty CRD Limited Deep Beryl Green Metallic Clear coat, Fumoto valve, MH ProVent (removed), GDE Eco tune,
OME 790/948 springs, OME struts, OME N132L shocks, Jeepin by Al A-arms, Hercules Terra Trac AT2 245/75R16
Weeks Stage 1 EGR delete, 5 volt steel glow plugs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:00 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:52 pm
Posts: 1184
Location: Atlanta, GA
mikey1273 wrote:
Notice his sig.... location south africa.


Oooopppssss, sorry about that... :oops:

mikey1273 wrote:
I was going to suggest that if he couldn't find a VIN and the vin plate in the windshield was gone the vehicle could have been stolen, processed by a chop shop or imported illegally but I held back. Vin plates are normally riveted so the don't just fall off.

I hope what I suggested is not correct. It would stink to be a victim of that sort of thing. In the states I'm sure you could not register the vehicle or you would have a very dificult time with out a clean VIN.


I just checked the available information I have and the only locations I know of are the drivers side windshield tag and the drivers door jam. I am not aware of them being located in other locations on the vehicle but that does not mean that they are not. Sounds like a question for Troy or Tom.

_________________
Colin
LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4
Steel IFS/DL&DTT/4.10s/Tow Pkg/Mopar-Rusty's-Skid Row skids&sliders/OME struts&springs/Rancho shocks/Terraflex bumpstops/Landy FRH/Gen Steel/Grabber AT2s/Spidertrax/Rockcrusher/Hella/Smittybilt XRC8/Bulldog wiring/NAPA brakes/JBA UCAs&spacers/Deka Intimidator


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:54 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:47 pm
Posts: 1817
Location: York,PA
I was just out to make a quick trip in mine I looked at my VIN plate in the windshield. Mine is riveted in at the top and bottom. Doesn't look like it could just come loose.

I will have to look under the hood later to see if its stamped into the firewall.

his Jeep should be close to the same as ours. the vin plates and locations of stamping should be the same since export ones I beleive are made in Ohio also. stickers and what is on them may be different for export.

_________________
2006 Liberty CRD Limited Deep Beryl Green Metallic Clear coat, Fumoto valve, MH ProVent (removed), GDE Eco tune,
OME 790/948 springs, OME struts, OME N132L shocks, Jeepin by Al A-arms, Hercules Terra Trac AT2 245/75R16
Weeks Stage 1 EGR delete, 5 volt steel glow plugs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:21 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 108
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas
All American vehicles have the VIN in a few "hidden" places known only to the police, dealership mechanics, (and probably better car thieves) he might want to contact the dealer, importer or a large, urban PD to find out the location.

_________________
2005 KJ
1996 XJ (died at 337,000 miles)
....and still crazy after all these years.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:55 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:17 am
Posts: 12
Hi KJ owners.

The VIN problem is solved! On the later 2006 and 2007 KJ's the VIN is located approximately 10cm from the pillar at the bottom of the windscreen, not on the pillar! The windscreen must have been replaced with one with the clear glass section on the pillar - thus no VIN number visable through the blackened portion of the windscreen. I visited one of our local scrapyards, 3 KJ's, no stamped VIN details are visable anywhere in the engine bays.

Mickey1273 yes we have our crime etc, South Africa is not such a bad place - come and visit one day!

Regards
Selwyn
From a very wet Johannesburg SA

_________________
Selwyn
Johannesburg South Africa
2007 KJ Diesel Auto


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:00 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:47 pm
Posts: 1817
Location: York,PA
well I am glad you got that figured out and it ended well. I was not trying to say you were in a high crime area at all. things like that happen every where and I am glad it was not to you. Good luck with your Liberty

_________________
2006 Liberty CRD Limited Deep Beryl Green Metallic Clear coat, Fumoto valve, MH ProVent (removed), GDE Eco tune,
OME 790/948 springs, OME struts, OME N132L shocks, Jeepin by Al A-arms, Hercules Terra Trac AT2 245/75R16
Weeks Stage 1 EGR delete, 5 volt steel glow plugs


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com