| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| GENERATOR/alt. ??? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48566 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | 1996xj [ Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | GENERATOR/alt. ??? |
I haven't even checked the part's store ! Does any one know if there's a high output GEN/ALT for the KJ, and what are the AMP's ????? |
|
| Author: | tjkj2002 [ Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:41 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
The PCM will not take advantage of the extra amps anyways(what controls the alternator).The stock one is 136amps for the 3.7,160amps for the Renny's.You should never need more then the 136amp one anyways. |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
DC Power has one for 599 its a 260 amp makes 200 amps at idle Mean Green has one for 428 , I think Woody had one of these and it would not work right found some rebuilds for 250 range 180 amp don't think any would give you more power due to the computer controlling everything |
|
| Author: | m_volyrakis [ Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: GENERATOR/alt. ??? |
TJ, if you should never need more than the 136amp one, why do the the Renny's come with a 160amps? Can the PCM be reprogramed to work with a 160 Amp Renny alternator? |
|
| Author: | SavageUrge [ Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:54 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: GENERATOR/alt. ??? |
Being a Renny owner, I'll add my "expert" ( |
|
| Author: | CRD Joe [ Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: GENERATOR/alt. ??? |
I think the CRD has a higher output Alt. You might think about getting one of those. |
|
| Author: | tjkj2002 [ Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:17 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: GENERATOR/alt. ??? |
CRD Joe wrote: I think the CRD has a higher output Alt. You might think about getting one of those. The CRD uses a whole different alt then the 3.7 and the CRD get's a whopping 92amps. |
|
| Author: | CRD Joe [ Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: GENERATOR/alt. ??? |
tjkj2002 wrote: CRD Joe wrote: I think the CRD has a higher output Alt. You might think about getting one of those. The CRD uses a whole different alt then the 3.7 and the CRD get's a whopping 92amps. Oops.....
|
|
| Author: | m_volyrakis [ Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:51 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: GENERATOR/alt. ??? |
So, since I'm planning to install the light bar, I should be thinking about an alternator upgrade aswell. Has anybody done that already? Can/should we reprogram the PCM? |
|
| Author: | FreedomKJ [ Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: GENERATOR/alt. ??? |
m_volyrakis wrote: So, since I'm planning to install the light bar, I should be thinking about an alternator upgrade aswell. Has anybody done that already? Can/should we reprogram the PCM? Unless you plan on putting a searchlight on your roof I wouldn't worry about the alternator. There are plenty of people here with a number of powerful lights on their Jeeps and I don't recall anyone having power issues. For a few years I had 4 100W lamps on my roof and the stock 136A alternator handled them just fine. |
|
| Author: | m_volyrakis [ Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: GENERATOR/alt. ??? |
Thanks for the reply! |
|
| Author: | 05infernoCRDL [ Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:41 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: GENERATOR/alt. ??? |
tjkj2002 wrote: CRD Joe wrote: I think the CRD has a higher output Alt. You might think about getting one of those. The CRD uses a whole different alt then the 3.7 and the CRD get's a whopping 92amps. i thought we have the 160A one... that is what they said when i was looking for my replacement |
|
| Author: | daspes [ Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:51 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: GENERATOR/alt. ??? |
From Chrysler's website: Quote: Alternator
A 160-amp alternator is standard with the 3.8-litre V6 engine; 180-amp alternator is standard with the 2.8-Litre CRD turbo diesel. This also means lots of power for your off-road accessories (lighting, winches and more). |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|