| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Help with a couple of issues http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48635 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | pssbarry [ Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Help with a couple of issues |
I have two issues right now that I need some help with and wanted to get some opinions on. 1. I have a metallic rattling noise that sounds like it is coming from the engine bay. It doesn't do it when the engine is just idling but it starts as soon as I put it in gear to back out of the garage it starts. It also does it when I give it some gas to get up the driveway to pull into the garage. I don't notice it while driving dow the road but it may be covered up by road noise. I have checked all over for any loose clamps but I haven't found anything. I was wodering if it could be a bearing going bad on the belt tensioner. Any ideas? 2. My tailgate latch will not release. I can hear all of the other doors unlocking but there is no sound at the tailgate handle. The glass will flip open but tailgate will not unlock. I think the switch has a loose connection or it is going bad because it comes and goes. I popped off the access panel on the inside of the tailgate but eveything is sealed behind a rubberized membrane. It doen't look like I can get behind it without damaging it. Anybody else have this problem and what was your fix? |
|
| Author: | valvestem [ Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:55 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Help with a couple of issues |
Item # 1, Heat shield maybe. Item # 2, Search for this problem on this site and JeepKJ's, it's been an issue in the past. |
|
| Author: | pssbarry [ Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:01 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Help with a couple of issues |
valvestem wrote: Item # 1, Heat shield maybe. Item # 2, Search for this problem on this site and JeepKJ's, it's been an issue in the past. I'll check the heat shields once it cools down. I've done some research on the tailgate and not even the sevice manual mentions the membrane inside the tailgate cover. The only way I can see to get it off will be to cut and then it won't be going back on. |
|
| Author: | Budke [ Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Help with a couple of issues |
Here ya go. http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread. ... n%27t+open |
|
| Author: | valvestem [ Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:40 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Help with a couple of issues |
pssbarry wrote: valvestem wrote: Item # 1, Heat shield maybe. Item # 2, Search for this problem on this site and JeepKJ's, it's been an issue in the past. I'll check the heat shields once it cools down. I've done some research on the tailgate and not even the sevice manual mentions the membrane inside the tailgate cover. The only way I can see to get it off will be to cut and then it won't be going back on. I thought most of those inner plastic moisture barriers were removable if care is taken, and it can be reapplied if the mastic that holds it on is kept clean. It should be put back in place. |
|
| Author: | pssbarry [ Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:45 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Help with a couple of issues |
On item#1- I checked all of the heat shileds and nothing is loose. Since I have the original belt tensioner pulley I think I will replace it and see if that fixes it. Do I need to replace the entire assemby or just the pulley itself? |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|