It is currently Sun Oct 04, 2026 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Need Opinions...maybe getting into a Liberty.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:20 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:58 pm
Posts: 348
Some of you might remember me...I had a 2003 Jeep Liberty Freedom Edition.
Image

I currently have a 2008 WRX STI and am going to be selling it for a few reasons. My fiancee cant drive it and she gets sick every time she sicks shot gun.:( I guess that means new car for me!

I am looking at a 2007 Jeep Liberty Latitude edition in white. Its an automatic with 35,000 miles on it. Any advice? Anything specific to the 2007s? I need to look out for? Did the 2007's come with any special 7/70,000 warranty or anything?

Thanks
Joe


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need Opinions...maybe getting into a Liberty.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:16 pm 
Offline
JACKRABBIT
JACKRABBIT

Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:26 pm
Posts: 3970
Location: Phoenix, AZ
can i see a picture of the wrx?!?!? i have always wanted 1

_________________
Steve
2018 RAM 1500 Rebel
2003 KJ
Mods:Exterior: Frankenlift + 2 extra rear iso, JBA UCAs, ARB Bumper w/XRC8, Safari Snorkel, 265/75/16 AT, Mopar Skids, Boulderbars, RL Gecko Sport Rack
Interior: Infinity Reference speakers, 12" Alpine Type R Sub, Alpine radio, Gauge Pods (Oil, Volts), Cobra Cb, All J Interior Rack


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need Opinions...maybe getting into a Liberty.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:18 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:28 am
Posts: 10686
Location: Some where in Colorado
The 07 should have come with the 7/70............

_________________
2008 KK Liberty Sport NIGHT OPS EDITION + GILLS
OEM & Custom Skids - Factory Tow Package - Rock Lizard Skink Super Sliders
Prototype JBA 4 Inch Lift - JBA UCA's - Flowmaster Super 44 OR - Whacked Resonator
Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need Opinions...maybe getting into a Liberty.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:44 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
Diggerfreek wrote:
The 07 should have come with the 7/70............

IIRC the 7/70 ended in '06,maybe as early as '05.'07's should just have the normal 3/36 warranty.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need Opinions...maybe getting into a Liberty.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:50 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:58 pm
Posts: 348
the 70/70 I just found out ended in 2005...hhrmmm....anyone out there with an 07 and has some experience? My 03 was solid at 60,000+ and I would assume they corrected some things for 2007 right?

thanks....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need Opinions...maybe getting into a Liberty.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:19 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:54 pm
Posts: 2787
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Biggest changes between your 03 and the 07 is the easier to trim front bumper and craptastic window regulators.

_________________
- Mike
'12 JK

Jeep Tech Files


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need Opinions...maybe getting into a Liberty.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:23 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
The biggest issue I've seen with '07's is like stated the bad window regulators,has a different electrical system the the other KJ's,issues with the programming with the auto trans,drive-by-wire,no trans dipstick,and then the normal KJ issues.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need Opinions...maybe getting into a Liberty.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:59 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:58 pm
Posts: 348
The 2007 we looked at had the same pull lever as my 03 for the 4x4 mode.

It seemed identical to my 2003

joe


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need Opinions...maybe getting into a Liberty.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:54 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:23 am
Posts: 1218
Here are a few:
http://www.carmax.com/enUS/compare-cars ... 53+6197599

Plus the 05's have the 7/70...

_________________
05 KJ Limited 4x4 in Light Khaki: Detours USA Backbone, Warn M8000, Huskyliners, RockLizard Super Skink sliders, OME/Bilstein Lift, JBA UCA's, 245/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers
07 LR3 SE V8
1996 XJ Country
2015 KL Limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need Opinions...maybe getting into a Liberty.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:23 pm 
Offline
I live here
I live here
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:59 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Aurora, CO
So....what happened to my reply? It was the first reply. Nevermind, I just realized that you have two posts for basically the same thing and I posted in that one about the 36,000 mile '07 KJ.

_________________
===
New KJ Gear - Desert Armor Flak

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need Opinions...maybe getting into a Liberty.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:54 pm 
Offline
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:54 pm
Posts: 2787
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Tokyojoe wrote:
So....what happened to my reply? It was the first reply. Nevermind, I just realized that you have two posts for basically the same thing and I posted in that one about the 36,000 mile '07 KJ.


NO REPLY FOR YOU!

Image

_________________
- Mike
'12 JK

Jeep Tech Files


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need Opinions...maybe getting into a Liberty.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:46 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:35 pm
Posts: 4576
Boostedxt wrote:
The 2007 we looked at had the same pull lever as my 03 for the 4x4 mode.

It seemed identical to my 2003

joe

I love my 07 Sport KJ :D Of course there were some minor issues with it when I first got it including the window regulators. It had the 3/36000 warranty when I got it at a little over 18,000 and had everything repaired before the warranty ran out. Mine has the Command Trac 4wd which sounds like what you described above and it has performed flawlessly for me. I have 245 70 16 Firestone destination At tires, front 3/8" clevis rings and 3/8" top plates that I fabbed up. I love the way it is sitting now and will upgrade the springs and shocks when the time comes.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com