| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Water Pump Gasket http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48695 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | OSUKJ04 [ Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:48 am ] |
| Post subject: | Water Pump Gasket |
As the temps have dropped in the great state of OHIO I have noticed a few coolant drips on the driveway. Upon further inspection I discovered that a very small amount of coolant was leaking out of the water pump gasket. So I took it in to get pressure tested and Thanks and ummm GO BUCKS
|
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:03 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Water Pump Gasket |
I would get ready to replace the water pump. I have seen a couple that when they first start to go will test OK, but soon afterwards they need to be replaced. Keep watching it real close but..... BUT You may try laying your hands on the hood and yelling "HEAL" but doubt it will work |
|
| Author: | SavageUrge [ Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Water Pump Gasket |
Same boat I'm in right now. The muffler shop put my Jeep up on the lift and said there was coolant spewing out of it, but upon pressure testing it - nada! I have been losing coolant though. Over the past month I've lost almost the entire contents of my overflow container, so it's going in the shop soon. I don't know where it's actually leaking from, but when it was up on the lift, there was coolant all over the steering rack on the passenger side, which happens to be right where the water pump is. GO BUCKS! My cousin played baseball at OSU many years ago!
|
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|