| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| This is what happens to a bad tensioner pulley. http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=51958 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | 03CDKJ [ Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:06 pm ] |
| Post subject: | This is what happens to a bad tensioner pulley. |
Made it to 163,800..... and then..... Kaboom.... I was driving maybe 15mph and luckily I was 1/4 mile away from a parts store.... ![]() ![]()
|
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: This is what happens to a bad tensioner pulley. |
COOL pics
|
|
| Author: | omGoddard [ Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:51 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: This is what happens to a bad tensioner pulley. |
Carnage! How'd that sound when it detonated? Tom, look out for a PM soon. Need some expertise before I finalize my lift. |
|
| Author: | JeepinJarhead03 [ Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: This is what happens to a bad tensioner pulley. |
little bit of glue, maybe some RTV, no biggy |
|
| Author: | 03CDKJ [ Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: This is what happens to a bad tensioner pulley. |
It just started squeeking really bad... I asked Erin if that was my jeep... and she thought is was the car behind me... So I stuck my head out the window and listened... as soon as I knew is was my engine I pulled over... Drove maybe 50ft after the squeeking. The belt did not even come off.. If I was going 65 down the highway I would have been SCREWED! |
|
| Author: | 03CDKJ [ Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: This is what happens to a bad tensioner pulley. |
JeepinJarhead03 wrote: little bit of glue, maybe some RTV, no biggy |
|
| Author: | JeepinJarhead03 [ Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: This is what happens to a bad tensioner pulley. |
like ya don't have a old BB gun layin around somewhere! and.. maybe some JB Weld and some WD40 |
|
| Author: | wecwbe [ Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: This is what happens to a bad tensioner pulley. |
JeepinJarhead03 wrote: little bit of glue, maybe some RTV, no biggy Either that or duct tape!
|
|
| Author: | LibertyFever [ Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: This is what happens to a bad tensioner pulley. |
When mine failed the fan belt simply fell off then proceeded to shred the fan belt after I put it back on. thanks for posting the pics... |
|
| Author: | omGoddard [ Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: This is what happens to a bad tensioner pulley. |
I hope you at least took the time to paint it red since you already had it out. |
|
| Author: | Fulltimer [ Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: This is what happens to a bad tensioner pulley. |
I have gone through a couple of them. One time it was on I-10 and going around 60 I think. No big deal really. It chewed up the belt and had melted plastic all over the place. Bub, "KJ119" came to my rescue! About a week later the other one went out so....buy another one soon! Terry |
|
| Author: | 03CDKJ [ Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: This is what happens to a bad tensioner pulley. |
I'll be replacing the whole assembly tomorrow...
|
|
| Author: | teckman02 [ Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: This is what happens to a bad tensioner pulley. |
heck i just replaced mine last week i as my belt came off and i don't know where it went |
|
| Author: | 03CDKJ [ Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: This is what happens to a bad tensioner pulley. |
Big difference between an early 03 tensioner and a new one.... ![]() ![]()
|
|
| Author: | MikeD0106 [ Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: This is what happens to a bad tensioner pulley. |
Yea, it's shiny!!! Glad that was the worst of it... |
|
| Author: | Rezfink [ Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:16 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: This is what happens to a bad tensioner pulley. |
hey...mine just blew at 230K......so can i just replace the pulley wheel? or do i have to replace the whole tensioner...? im traveling on biz so the easiest thing would be to replace just the wheel...then get home and worry about the whole tensioner... anyways...oh man...cruising down I40 and it blew about 15 miles from my hotel...at night!....first the battery light came on...no power steering...watched the temp rise....ran the heater at full blast....prayed the battery was strong enough to get me to my room...it did. ok...a little help...part numbers..? thanks |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:11 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: This is what happens to a bad tensioner pulley. |
Replace the whole thing, just as easy as replacing one pulley also replace the belt at the same time |
|
| Author: | SavageUrge [ Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:40 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: This is what happens to a bad tensioner pulley. |
Check out Rockauto.com. I got a Goodyear Gator belt and matching pulley assembly for a great price. Oh, and remember to lube it up with plenty of peanut butter! |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|