It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Need a little help
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:04 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 84
Location: Jacksonville,Fl
I noticed a couple of drops of redish clear liquid under the Jeep. I traced it up to the highest point and it appears to be coming from the hose pictured below. The picture is looking straight down from the front of the jeep.I originally thought it was ATF+4 but the hose looks to be coming out of the radiator down into the engine so it could be coolant. What is the hose and what is involved to replace it?

Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

_________________
2002 Jeep Liberty Sport
Shale Green
OME HD's
Rancho 17505 & 17004
Firestone Destination A/T- 245/75R16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need a little help
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:30 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:27 pm
Posts: 2003
Location: valley center, ks
Your transmission cooler on a 2002 is in the radiator. Can't tell by the pics if that is one of the two lines but I think it is. See if you can follow it to the trans.

_________________
2003 KJ Renegade, 5 speed, frankenlifted,Al's a Arms 4.5,Moabs 245/75/16 BFG KM2's, custom rock rails, full Mopar skids, Hella ff220 lights,Hd cooling,Front DTT,Riddler diff cover,Rola safari rack,Cobra 29 peaked & tuned.

Pastafari Alum, Pink shovel recipient


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need a little help
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:16 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 84
Location: Jacksonville,Fl
A member over on KJ Country suggested the clamp. I checked it and I can move the clamp and hose with my fingers so I am going to pick up a new one tomorrow. Hopefully that's all it is.

_________________
2002 Jeep Liberty Sport
Shale Green
OME HD's
Rancho 17505 & 17004
Firestone Destination A/T- 245/75R16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need a little help
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:05 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:29 am
Posts: 5956
Location: Hillsborough, NC / Corolla NC
seeing how that fluid is under pressure that's more than likely your culprit, clean'er up real good after ya get it reinstalled, it'll help ya keep an eye on it

_________________
03 Renegade (Black)
177k miles 3.7L gas - 45RFE
Command Trac / 4.10s
Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need a little help
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:26 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 84
Location: Jacksonville,Fl
I replaced the clamp last night and cleaned up the hoses so I can watch it. :shock:

_________________
2002 Jeep Liberty Sport
Shale Green
OME HD's
Rancho 17505 & 17004
Firestone Destination A/T- 245/75R16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need a little help
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:56 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 84
Location: Jacksonville,Fl
The clamp didn't solve the problem. Came home tonight and there was a drop under the Jeep. Popped the hood and there was fluid on the hose. I guess the next step is to replace the hose. I'm guessing I can get this at Advanced or Napa. Does anybody know what the inside diameter of the hose is?

_________________
2002 Jeep Liberty Sport
Shale Green
OME HD's
Rancho 17505 & 17004
Firestone Destination A/T- 245/75R16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need a little help
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:24 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:20 pm
Posts: 1881
Location: Orange Park, FL
Napa or advanced can tell you.

_________________
'02 Jeep KJ 4x4- Gone
'92 YJ- lift, swampers, bumpers....yeah, its pretty sweet.
*DISCLAIMER*: I can not be held liable for anything I say on the forums or in real life.
I also can not be held liable for any jeep breakage or life problems caused due to my advice being taken.
:D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need a little help
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:43 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 84
Location: Jacksonville,Fl
I was trying to confirm the size before I went to make sure they give me the right hose.

_________________
2002 Jeep Liberty Sport
Shale Green
OME HD's
Rancho 17505 & 17004
Firestone Destination A/T- 245/75R16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Need a little help
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:22 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 2:46 pm
Posts: 84
Location: Jacksonville,Fl
I replaced the hose yesterday and that didn't solve the problem. So I took it to Firestone who replaced the radiator back in July.Different store though as we had to have it replaced in NC on our way back from vacation in VA. They discovered that the o-ring on the lower metal tubing coming out of the tansmission cooler was left out. A new one was put in so far it looks like the problem is fixed. Knock on wood.

_________________
2002 Jeep Liberty Sport
Shale Green
OME HD's
Rancho 17505 & 17004
Firestone Destination A/T- 245/75R16


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com